Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:01 PM

Default 07 Pampera 450 will not start cold

Well, I'm a new GG owner, and I'm starting to regret it already.

Just picked up an 2007 450 Pampera a few days ago, 8000k, but very good clean condition, un-molested, and still running the stock everything.

It test rode fine, just a little bit rough, nothing a clean and adjustment wouldn't fix. The issue I have is it was warm when I test rode it, so I got it home, and guess what? It won't start...

So far, I've put a new plug, double checked the spark, fresh 98 fuel, charged the battery, pulled the carb off and cleaned it, re-set the mixture screw to 2.5 turns out, and cleaned & re-oiled the air filter.
Not one of those things has made a difference! it won't even come close to kicking over. almost like it's not getting one of the magic 3 powers that make an engine run, but it has to be getting air, it is definitely getting fuel, and the spark tested really strong.

The only thing I can think of is maybe I have an air leak on the pipe from the carb to the head, or the valves are really stupidly out of whack.

I can't find any service info on the valve specs either, so I'm stuck... I was planning on riding all weekend, now it looks like I'll be googling how to fix this thing all weekend.

If someone has the valve clearances, or any service info that isn't included on the website, can you please let me know?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_20.JPG (87.3 KB, 27 views)