Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:29 PM

Question Weekend Enduro race

I have just got my self a EC 300 / 2002, and I am going to a 275 km race this weekend. The 210 km is flat out beach and the rest is in the woods. How long a distens can I go on my 9,5 liter tank ???????????

Best regards Guido

Old 10-25-2007, 04:45 PM

I'd try to gas up about every 70-80km to be on the safe side. The beach riding will use a lot of fuel.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:39 PM

If not sure carry exta in your pack. It will be a long day if you are waiting for help. Where is this race it sounds like a lot of fun
Lee,
Old 10-26-2007, 12:11 AM

Thanks for the quick respons. There are 4 pit stops on the way, and the long one is a 85 km beach run. So I will take your advise and carry an extra 2 - 4 liters on me or the bike. The race is running from Agger - Skagen on the west coast of Denmark. We are 30 guy`s on offroad bikes and 4 suplyes truks running. When we finish in Skagen ( north point of Denmark ) we will eat in a cafe, then load all the bikes on to a big truck and ourself in a bus whit bears and head back to basecamp.
I will upload a photo or two when I get back.

Again Thanks for your respons on my thread.

Best regards Guido
Old 10-26-2007, 08:19 AM

The best way that I have found to carry fuel is in MSR fuel bottles you can get them in 33oz/975ml size. I had to buy mine at REI a store that I try to stay out of due to there extreme environmental stance. Here is a link to the MSR manufacture I'm sure that they will sell them to you or set you up with the dealer near you. Good luck and I look forward to seeing the pictures.
Wicitup
AKA
Lee,
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 PM

Didn't know they ran cool races like that in Denmark these days.
Just left mum and dad's place last weekin Arhus. Skagen is only 2hrs drive from their house. Would have stayed a bit longer if I knew.
Where do you find out when and where the races are on in DK.

Kim
05 Pampera 250
Old 11-10-2007, 11:00 PM

Hey Guy`s

I am sorry for the late respons.

GREAT WEEKEND the race was perfect. We started out at 7.15 in Thisted and went from there to Agger driving in the wood. It was dark / black so lot of fun. In Agger we had a group photo and of we went in the sand. Going norht for 9 hours whit 3 pit stops. Great fun, but halfway or so I broke my front wheel on a big rock and ended up in the sand. After clearing all the sand out of my helmet and ass, I got my extra bike from one of the trucks ( KTM 520ecx ). I had to finish the race on my KTM.

About my quistion on how long it will go on a tank of gas. I did not have to fill up between pit stops. So it will run longer then 70 km on the beach

To KIM you can find info on the race and many more on www.dormck.dk

There have been made a video from the race. I will try to upload some and pictures when i get the video. There are some great shots from a helicopter, that joined in for an hour or so. Also there should bee some nice video from the back of a pickup truck.

Best regards Guido
Old 11-11-2007, 09:27 PM

ok .. I'm a little confused ...
You rode north on the beach for 9 hours???
Rode around on a track on the beach for 9 hours?
or started at point A and rode for 9 hours until you got to point B??
Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Borholm?

Guido-

Any good riding on Bornholm? I was there 12 years ago. Beautiful, but i didn't have a bike. Was just visiting a friend. Denmark is a great place.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:23 AM

Hey Skid

I have send you an email whit a pictur of the rute. We went from A- B ( Agger - Skage + the littel starting trip from Thisted - Agger 45 km in the woods ).

Gas Huffer, Sorry but I have never been to Bornholm so I do not know. But if you ever come near Denmark again, let me know and I will have a bike ready for you.

All the best Guido