Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Thanks to all Triple Threat Motorsports customers

thanks for using my all the customers that have called, i have had a rough year i didnt get my shop started, and went through divorce right as i was trying to get it lifted off the ground i am still here i am just in the springfield mo area and plan to try to get something going in 08 i dont have any inventory but i can order you parts and will do any work that you need, i do work a full time job so i will fit it in asap, i hope to have some inventory in 08 i will be a husaberg(maybe) gas-gas, and I am thinking TM motorcycles................

I need some input what do you guys think of the TM line of bikes?????????........................

Happy Holidays and I look forward to serving you in 08

2003 Atk 450 Xc Quad
Ported,Stroked, and ready for action, Ohlins suspenders, protected by Prm, TTM, Hiper Technology, Cycra, Streamline, Kenda Usa, Regina Chains, Amsoil, Motortabs, Rb Components, Pro Taper, Ac racing, Dirt works Motorsports.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:21 PM

I would have TM bikes as a sideline money earner along side a more popular bike. Only due to being low numbers and hence not a lot of flowing cash.
Gas Gas are on the rise quite rapidly. Start with them first.....
(Only my opinions)

"It's Nature that Brings out the Madness"
GasGas FSR450 07'
Old 12-19-2007, 09:11 PM

hello,

As stock look for products that will retain your customers, you do not make too much money in bikes, Service is the key, you sell bikes to service the bikes. Some good products to have are the one people will use all the time.

Oils, Cleaners: Check with Niks Industries and call Bill (owner) at 562-945-1098 tell him I, Gustavo refer you, is a very nice guy they import a product call muc-off.com, I am importer and distributor in Chile for this products, and sell well is well focus on the market.

Sprockets, look for drivenracing.com, I am not importer yet but I like to, are very cool color chains and sprockets, this is just to be different for other dealers.

Paper oil filters, hiflofiltro.com makes most OEM and 4t used them all the time, paper is still better than aluminum.

Have this product in stock is very good and people come back, bigoxrox.com, I am not importer but would like too, is like energy drink but is not... I found it in a lost magazine in Barns & Nobel book store..

Other products like helmets and others will attract but not retain, you are competing with multimillion dealers, you need to be different and look for the niche market, that where $$$$ is.

Cheers up and good luck.

Gus

XR250, WR250 2t, WR400, GG EC250, EXC520...next..?

Believe what you speak...you will received!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:31 PM

As you might guess, based upon my nik, I like TM bikes. TM makes a very good line of bikes. Historically, TM has been known as a 2T company, specializing in the worlds fastest 125 motors (kart and bike), but in the last couple of years TM has made some 4T models that are note worthy. TMs come stock with quality parts and IMHO don't need aftermarket parts (except spark arrestor). My experience, and others that also own or have owned a TM, is that TMs seem to be more durable and reliable than other bikes used for woods duty, but contrary to what some might be believe they do break. The price of the TM 2T line is in line with what you get (it costs more than other brands, but you get Ohlins and/or high end Zokes), whereas the 4T is pretty expensive (but still cheaper than buying another brand and putting on Ohlins).
Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Of the three brands you mention. Husaberg is truly on the rise, with a new bike coming out in '09. Who wants to be stuck with only a four stroke though?
I see more and more Gassers around, and it's the best handling motorcycle I've ever ridden.

TM, now you've done it, you had to throw them in. I've ridden many TM's. I like them. I think they're awesome. I don't think they're as good as the GG, but I'd totally own one. The decision, alas lies upon you.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 12-21-2007, 05:59 PM

I reckon if you had all three of those bikes, that you would have one of the best dealerships around. And if i was moving to America it would be not too far from you .

I reckon you shoudl take on the TM's and the Husaberg's. As said before, Husaberg's on the rise and TM's are only getting better.

'03 GasGas EC200 My bike
'89 Yamaha TT250 R.I.P - Lost in the Black Saturday Fires