Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Main Bearing question

I recently purchased a 2001 250 XC from a GGRC member.
Is there a crossover for the crank/main bearings?
I have only found listings for the '03 & up models. Are they the same?

Thanks for any info.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:01 AM

My '00 uses caged roller bearings on both sides. They were easily obtained from the local bearing supplier. I'm pretty sure yours is the same. '03 or '04 they changed and the left side bearing was changed to a needle bearing.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 05-13-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
My '00 uses caged roller bearings on both sides.
You mean caged BALL bearings, the newer bikes use a ROLLER bearing on the ignition side.

The '00s use 6306 C3 each side. These are available in many brands and grades, some good, some junk. When I rebuilt my '00 low end I used M306 C3bearings. These are heavy duty equivalents of the 6306, with an extra ball and a machined brass cage. From a bearing supplier, the cost was about the same as the standard bearings would be from the dealer. I beleive these are only made by the quality Euro and Japaneeese mfgs., not duped in China with substandard tooling and materrals.

This bike is owned my member Bucksnbikes still runs today with that lower end.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 AM

Thanks for the info. Do you have a manual that gives the Part # for them?
I have been unable to find one online or the p/n for the bearings. The '03 manual shows the left/right side to be ball bearing type of diferent diameters.

My local guy (NTN distributor) needs a p/n to cross. The bike is running fine and I was hoping to get the bearings before tearing it down to do the top end for maintenance.
I figured that with it's age and not knowing it's history I want to do the bearings at the same time.

I have searched the forums for the info and was unable to find the info before posting this up.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
You mean caged BALL bearings, the newer bikes use a ROLLER bearing on the ignition side.

The '00s use 6306 C3 each side. These are available in many brands and grades, some good, some junk. When I rebuilt my '00 low end I used M306 C3bearings. These are heavy duty equivalents of the 6306, with an extra ball and a machined brass cage. From a bearing supplier, the cost was about the same as the standard bearings would be from the dealer. I beleive these are only made by the quality Euro and Japaneeese mfgs., not duped in China with substandard tooling and materrals.

This bike is owned my member Bucksnbikes still runs today with that lower end.
Cool thanks for the info ... I was apparently typing when you posted! LOL
So the '01 uses the same 6306 C3/M306 C3 on both sides?
Do you remember what you used for seals? Everyone online seems to only list '03 and up.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:21 AM

The seal sizes are standard but the material (Viton) is not and may not be available at a general bearing supplier. I got the seals from the dealer. '00 and '01 should be the same.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
You are correct. I re-read it twice before I posted and it just didn't look right (but it was early, is that a good excuse?). I should know better having been working in this industry since '84

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
Old 05-13-2010, 12:38 PM

Thanks Guy's!
I really appreciate the knowledge.

I would like to continue purchasing my parts from my local guy. I have been doing business with him since the early 80's when he was a Husky/Suzuki dealer. He is a KTM dealer now and we have been unable to locate bearing or seal p/n's older than '03 in his parts books. We have a great relationship and returns are easy since he is close by. Without a p/n to cross, we are reluctant to order the parts.

I guess I will have to try Gofasters.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:17 PM

I think I have a '00 or '01 parts book at home. If you can wait a couple hours I will look. You would do better to call Gofasters or another dealer though. If the numbers I find have been superceded (updated) you may end up waiting for a part that never shows up after you order it. Ask me how I know It's better to let the experts look it up.
I will let you know what I find later this evening.

'00 XC250 (mine)
'04 EC250 (the kids)
Old 05-13-2010, 03:53 PM

left side crank seal, ME250112009
right side crank seal, ME250112008

These are from a 2001 engine breakdown. Left seal is the same, 200, 250, 300.
Right seal is different for each.

'00 XC250 (mine)
'04 EC250 (the kids)