Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2009, 11:52 AM

Default Big End Bearing

Hi guys new here From the UK!

I picked up a 2005 EC 250 about 2 weeks back. Within the first few hours of riding the little bugger siezed up After it cooled down it unseized however made an awful clatter.

Anyway I removed the engine and dumped it with a mate. He has split it and the main bearings are shot. So I will be replacing these and seals and a new piston kit as it is looking worn.

He said the big end bearing appears ok but could replace. I thought why not. However am I right in thinking you cannot just replace the bearing you need an entire new rod kit at a heft cost?

Is there anyway round this? Reason why this bearing is not sold seperate?

Whats the view if it seems ok leave it? To be honest I am on a kind off budget due to getting married next year. Had I not have been I wouldnt have thought twice. I had to work hard enough to get permission to buy the bike in the first place.