Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM

how would a spacer react on my 200?
would it help with more torque,or less difference then on a 300?

Old 11-13-2012, 11:14 PM

Witout knowing for sure, I would think it woud be much more noticable than on a 300, it's gives more on a 250 than on the 300, so maybe even more on the 200

Faster, Faster!!
Until the Thrill of Speed, Overcomes the Fear of Death..
Team YamaGas Racing.
http://bricksite.com/teamyamagasracing
Old 11-14-2012, 03:44 AM

I'm glad to know that my idea would work, but a regular poster on this site, Lawman, just offered to give me an old one he isn't using! Who gives free stuff away? GG Riders Club members, thats who!

Lawman, thanks. I owe you a steak and a beer, and a guided tour of Brock Creek. Or I'll spitshine your riding boots. I sure hope you opt for the steak and a BC ride, polishing riding boots would be tough, and not nearly as much fun.

Jeff.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgas View Post
I'm glad to know that my idea would work, but a regular poster on this site, Lawman, just offered to give me an old one he isn't using! Who gives free stuff away? GG Riders Club members, thats who!

Lawman, thanks. I owe you a steak and a beer, and a guided tour of Brock Creek. Or I'll spitshine your riding boots. I sure hope you opt for the steak and a BC ride, polishing riding boots would be tough, and not nearly as much fun.

Jeff.
No need to polish the boots, I'd rather have the steak & the ride!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 AM

Well, since you tell me you don't want spit shined boots, I'll be honest. I was gonna polish your boots, then piss on em'. Depending on how the PV cover worked, I might have even pissed in em'.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 AM

Fred Overstreet of FM Powersports built me a 275 motor, ported for torque. The motor is exactly what he said it would be, and he did the work within his quote and did it well.

Lawman hooked me up with a larger PV cover for even more torque. I'm an old slow guy but I ride some very technical terrain, some is almost Trials type stuff, so I need controllable power more than raw power. I got just what I wanted with Fred's motor mods and Lawmans PV cover.

Here's the but: The jetting is rich on bottom, from idle to about 1/3 throttle, then it cleans out. Most of the time it doesn't load up unless I am idling around for a long time, or never getting on the pipe, but I have fouled a couple of plugs, and need to rejet. Again, where I ride and at my skill level I spend quite a bit of time at low rpms. I can clutch and rev to keep it cleaned out but I'd rather get it jetted so I can just ride it any way I want without having to think. I should also say that I'm a "gear high" rider, trying to be smooth not revving much.

I haven't looked at the jets yet to see what they are, but am pretty sure they will be stock for an 01 XC. Anyway, I am sure I need to go leaner on the pilot, but how many sizes? What is a good guess, how many sizes leaner? Do I need to change the needle, reset the float, or change the clip position?

I know it's hard to guess based on what I have said here, but is there a general rule of thumb on how many sizes to go leaner on the pilot to prevent plug fouling and clean up the bottom end response? How big of a jump down in pilot size would likely be too lean? How many sizes down will make a noticeable difference?

If it matters, I am using Kawasaki brand 2 cycle oil, (which I get cheap from a dealer who just starting selling GasGas by the way, shameless plug for Kawasaki/KTM/GasGas Center in Little Rock Ar), at 50:1 with 92 octane pump gas.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 AM

Find out what you have first Jeff,then go from there.....The jetting thread has a ton of info and Jakobi is the needle wizard but you'll need to know where you're at to start
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 12-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

I think jgas already started a thread regarding this saying it was a eg kit? In saying that I can offer heaps of suggestions but you need to provide as much detail as you can about where (throttle position) and how (burbly/doughy/flat) the bike is acting, along with the current configuration. It also helps if you can specify what the bike is doing well. Carb model. etc etc. The more info you can provide the more specific the answers will be. This is a must as you really are dealing with a one off build.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 PM

Same bike Jakobi, it is an E Gorr modded cylinder. Squish measured 1.35mm, I know carb is a AS1 38mm but I didn't look at jetting when I had it. Jetting is personal.....
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 PM

Dang right it's personal. I take it personal when it fouls a plug! I was planning to buy a few jets, take the bike to where I ride most of the time, and carry the tools, carb cleaner, rags, etc. to do it on the trail. My plan was to pick a short loop that had a little of everything that I do and keep jetting until I was happy. But I didn't know where to start. I guess I am being lazy and not wanting to pull the carb, find what is in it, put it back together, then do it all over again on the trail. If I had a rough starting point I could buy a few jets to begin. A local dealer sells me stuff like that cheap so he won't have to put one of his guys on my job. Eventually I will probably send the carb to, what is it, RD Designs? For now I just want to ride it. Even like it is I am really liking it. It's like a 4 stroke on steroids. Like riding a quick 400 4 stroke but with the lightweight of a 2 stroke, and the revvy nature which is more fun to ride I think. The nice thing is it will crawl slow from idle or haul heiney.