Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2014, 08:25 AM

Default 2004 EC200 Jetting

Hello,

My First post here on GGRC. Also first GG for me. I have had a couple of KDX 200's over the years and love the bike but wanted to try something different. Found this EC200 and purchased it from a dealer sight unseen. Bike is in real nice shape but power could be better. I have been lurking here for some time and have read 100's of post (I think all I could find on the internet) on jetting for the EC200. But just can't seem to find a post that sounds like my bikes symptoms.

Bike starts first kick, with or without choke. will idle till warm. Won't idle for long once hot. Idle just keeps slowing till it stalls. I've tryed adjusting the air screw but it dosnt seem to have much affect (weird). Bike will stall if screwed all the way in so it is working. Idle screw is all the way in. No dents in pipe, muffler may need to be repacked. spark plug looks great (not wet and a nice tan/brown color). Just a note of spooge out the exhaust, looks normal. Power valve closes and is working. Running NAVGAS (leaded airplane fuel, 100 octaine) at 45:1 with HP2 synthetic racing oil. pulled the carb and found the following:
165 main
50 slow
NBHW needle 2nd clip

Jetting looks weird to me. I'm guessing that 50 slow jet is the idle problem. Bike runs mid to upper throttle great. awesome top end. But you HAVE to be in the pipe for it go. There is virtually no bottom end. Just bbuuuwwwwwgggg until you hit the pipe then ye ha. both KDX's Ive had would blow the doors off this EC on the bottom. Carb is the PWK38, engine compression is 154 psi. Haven't checked float height yet. Pipe is a FMF Fatty. I also have an FMF Gnarly I have not tried. elevation = 1300 feet, temp = 85 degrees, Bike has Boyesen intake and reeds.

Any help with dialing this thing in would be greatly appreciated and thanks for all the useful info from days past on this site I've been able to read and learn from!!

Tom
Missouri, USA

Last edited by 2004ec200; 05-23-2014 at 09:24 AM.