Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 AM

Default My new GasGas EC250

Was told that it is a 1999 when buying, but did the vin tenth digit and it appears to be a 2000?

Got it home and rode it around and it bogged bad all over the range. It has great compression so I jumped into the carb, cleaned it out and checked the reeds. The reeds were lifted up and could see light underneath. There was no cracks so flipped them over and that closed the gap and were sitting flush again against the cage (I assume this is only a temp fix). I took out the muffler packing (yuck) and put in new FMF packing. When I asked the OP what fuel mixture was in it he said 32:1 so I drained it out and put in fresh goldenspectro at 42:1. Fired her up, but still has a slight mid range bog? but is very rideable.
The good: Swingarm & wheel bearings are tight - rear shock was just rebuilt (had receipt) and newer seals in forks - sprockets are good - clucth seems to operate fine - brakes good
The Bad: everything else...lol
Seat where it bolts on is broke, seat cover ripped, plastics are a nice shade of pink with many cool zip ty's..lol, should get a new set of tires, get rid of the steel bars, etc etc.
But overall I feel it is solid so am considering a makeover, but have to sell off a bike or 2 to get more operating capital...lol. This gasgas joins my 03 EC200 (that I luv) so I guess have to sell a jap bike out of the stable if I do a makeover.
Thanks for looking...i know, its a POS but am happy anyway as it was bought right.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:55 AM

Ya gotta start somewhere.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Can verify for you that it is a 2000 model year. USD forks, and those appear to be the stock graphics. I'll bet with a new seat and some fresh plastic that will be a fine ride. '98 KX fenders and side number plates will bolt directly on that year machine.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 06-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Banned

Looks like Gofasters has that seat cover in stock.

http://www.gofasters.com/Seat-Cover-...atalogId=-2231