Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:50 AM

Default Q-Stealth back end insert/spigot

Going to cut down silencer to reduce its size/bulkiness..
Do i need to save back end insert/spigot (on a pic), and what's its designation?
What benefits i would have if left-remove it, while cutting pipe's length?

PS. i'm no expert in this but in my friend's opinion i have dull the hit on the bike, so maybe clean the way to exhaust gasses by removing spigot, would make it right?

Thanx)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2139.jpg (96.3 KB, 49 views)

Old 06-02-2015, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

That's the spark arrestor. It also holds the packing in.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lian View Post
Going to cut down silencer to reduce its size/bulkiness..
Do i need to save back end insert/spigot (on a pic), and what's its designation?
What benefits i would have if left-remove it, while cutting pipe's length?

PS. i'm no expert in this but in my friend's opinion i have dull the hit on the bike, so maybe clean the way to exhaust gasses by removing spigot, would make it right?

Thanx)
If you don't need a spark arrestor you can always drill the center out to allow direct flow of exhaust gases.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:57 AM

So, as i understand, this insert just taming sparks, not power (i thought it was some Euro-standard "choke" and wish to remove it) so it don't really affect on bike's power?

And, is spark arrestor is the whole circle-shape thing, that inserts in outer pipe with fmf-sticker, or is it only small inner part with "wings", that need to be removed, and left that "side part with bigger diameter" to keep packing in?
Thank you.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:45 PM

I think the spark arrestor (finned part) flows fine unless it is plugged up with carbon. If you study the assembly carefully, the main issue seems to be the "overlap" between the end cap exit tube and the back of the spark arrestor. This overlap causes some flow reversal to the exhaust.

You might consider leaving the spark arrestor in place, but trimming off the plain belled tube at the back of the spark arrestor. Also shorten the rear end cap exit tube (trim it back to the support tabs). This might help to reduce some of the spooging.

It's really a question of whether you're trying to improve the flow, or make the muffler more compact. You can try some mods before cutting it down.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Banned

All and all the Q is a POS. Richard Wilson's House of horsepower silencer is well worth the $139. I just pulled the trigger on his power upgrade, including the Lectron carb. Having spent close to 2 hour's on the phone with him about GasGas. Put it this way, if he was a dealer I would have bought a 15' from him.