Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 11-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default GasGas Sachs suspension same as Beta 300??

Hello,

I am running around in cricles here and could use some help. I have a 2011 GasGas 300ec with Sachs on front and rear. I use the RaceTech gold valves in all my bikes, but just getting gold valves for a gasgas is easier said then done.

I have found that the 2013 Beta 300rr runs an open chamber 48 sachs fork, and has a sachs shock. Does anyone know if these are the same as the sachs suspension on my GasGas???

RaceTech makes the gold valve kit for the 2013 Beta 300rr, so I would like to make sure they are the same before I order them for my GasGas.

(Also has anyone every thought about using the Fox Podium shock on there GasGas?? Will it fit?)

Any info would help,
Thanks,

Cliff

Old 11-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

I had considered the Fox once, but that's as far as I got. I never pursued or tried measuring up for fitment.

In regards to the Sachs equipment, I can't give you a definitive answer. A tuner with some exposure may be able to.. (especially if purchasing through them).

What I can tell you is that the Sachs gear is rarely the same setup even within the brands. I know GG has used at least 2 different cartridges (including piston port layout, and valving to kick). The Beta gear has been getting developed so maybe buying a set of pistons and building off their stacks could work, if the damper rod and BV bolt is the same.. again you'd need someone who has either taken some very in depth notes or two sets infront of them to confirm this.

With the shocks between GG, Husky (italiano models) and Beta there are a couple different sizes and then much variation between 16mm and 18mm shafts. Some use a top out spring where others use an internal bump stop of the seal head (and this coupled with different shaft diameters means various seal heads across builds). Some use a rebound separator (which is prone to squeaking on rebound), others don't. Also variety in the piston band where some are prone to bypass and others not. It's really hard to know what you have infront of you until you crack it open.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:27 PM

if your in the uk iv got a 06 ohlins think the shock was the same up to 011 can update the valving if needs
Old 11-17-2017, 12:30 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I am in the USA, but thank you for the offer. I have been thinking this over quiet a bit and I think I am just going to end up revalving the rear shock and dialing in the stock sachs shock as well as I can. (The Shock isn't that bad. The problem is really the forks)

At this point I dont know that I will be able to make enough headway on these 48 open chamber sachs forks, so I think I will be swaping over an entire CRF front end so I can run some Showa forks.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:18 PM

The Sachs base valve in the Betas is *very* similar to the one spec'd in the 2011 GasGas, and I believe the rebound piston is as well. I've only used Gold Valves on one Beta though - usually we revalve the stockers.

I just refreshed the Sachs suspension on a 2011 XC250 that used to be my own demo bike back in the day. Memories ...
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters