Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2017, 02:24 PM

Default Smart Carb

I just bought and installed a 38 mm smart carb on my 2006 EC300. I have been fiddling with it, and I have to say I am not all that impressed. I hate jetting with a passion, so I was hoping this would solve that. While it runs fantastic mid to top, say above 3500 rpm, down low I can't quite get it. It seems off idle you can either have it run clean and sacrifice torque, or set it for max torque and it will smoke and spit spooge. Also, no matter what it has a pretty bad blurble until it clears out in the mid range.

On top of that, I still cannot get my bike to idle. This is a problem I had with my kehin as well. My crank seals are good, no airleaks, and it has a fresh top end. With the kehin, I had to run a too small pilot and crank the idle screw almost all the way in. With the smart carb its not much better. It either idles high or doesn't idle at all. Even with a high idle it will easily die if you are not careful. The most annoying is when riding and coming to a stop, you have to blip the throttle or the idle will drop low and quickly die. This is made worse by the fact that the gasgas kickstarter is just awful. I will be buying a yamaha one soon, but for the past year I have been riding with the kickstarter off. I just take it out of my fanny pack and use it to start the bike. Its better than mid ride having it stab you in the calf.