Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-29-2011, 10:55 AM

Only the old units need a serial and a parallel port. The parallel port is for the dongle based "sentinel" software protection. All the later versions are usb based.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:32 AM

I just did the Technoreasearch VDST purchase. They were very good on the front end of my purchase, service & shipping, and said to call with any install or operational questions. Unit was here in three days, MI to CT. Did the software install last night on the laptop. Ran out of time to hook up the bike. That's on for tonight...
Old 07-01-2011, 04:27 AM

Thumbs up

My bike (06 450) was running erratically recently. All I did was take off each efi sensor, clean them with contact cleaner and then use dielectric grease when I put them back together. Worked a treat and took less than 30 mins and cost less than $5. Worth a try.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:00 AM

Default Figured out the problem (A MUST READ)

OK........got the tecno research program installed on my lap-top, and everything checked out OK. No bad sensors etc., even the injector checked out OK. So then I was really scratching my head Decided to take the injector off the bike and found black crap in the inlet end of the injector!........IT WAS PARTIALLY PLUGGED!!!!! Even though it checked OK (which it was), it wasn't able to do its job and inject enough fuel as it was blocked. The culprit? Only explanation is the Ethanol fuel was eating my fuel line even though I put the StarTron additive in it prior to staorage! Put the bike back together and it runs perfect! IF YOU OWN A 4T BIKE, DO NOT RUN ANYTHING OTHER THAN NON ETHANOL FUEL IN IT........OR IF YOU DO, DON'T STORE THE BIKE WITH THAT S--T IN IT! That stuff is bad news! I missed a whole summers worth of riding because of it! The moral to the story? If your fuel injected 4T bike feels like it's starving for fuel, check the injector.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuiver View Post
OK........got the tecno research program installed on my lap-top, and everything checked out OK. No bad sensors etc., even the injector checked out OK. So then I was really scratching my head Decided to take the injector off the bike and found black crap in the inlet end of the injector!........IT WAS PARTIALLY PLUGGED!!!!! Even though it checked OK (which it was), it wasn't able to do its job and inject enough fuel as it was blocked. The culprit? Only explanation is the Ethanol fuel was eating my fuel line even though I put the StarTron additive in it prior to staorage! Put the bike back together and it runs perfect! IF YOU OWN A 4T BIKE, DO NOT RUN ANYTHING OTHER THAN NON ETHANOL FUEL IN IT........OR IF YOU DO, DON'T STORE THE BIKE WITH THAT S--T IN IT! That stuff is bad news! I missed a whole summers worth of riding because of it! The moral to the story? If your fuel injected 4T bike feels like it's starving for fuel, check the injector.
My mind never considered this as a potential m/c problem BUT it has been a real life issue on many automobiles, especially since they moved away from an 'open circuit fuel system' (with a return to the tank) and started using a no return line system. Typically the last injectors on each rail catch the debris and are the first to start misfiring. With a m/c you don't have that luxury the first one is the last one. I would have thought the software would show a lean exhaust and clued to an airleak or fuel starvation issue though
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 07-25-2011, 03:06 PM

Unfortunately the GG works in open loop mode and therefore has no exhaust sensor which would have thrown a code. Looks like it will have to be added to the maintenance schedule!