Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 06-10-2015, 08:03 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

After I got it back from the shop the rear settings & spring rate felt much better.After following me, a friend suggested opening up the rebound.We eventually went 6 clicks out & it transformed the bike in stability,traction & cornering. Unbelievable difference,I was a friken legend for the rest of the day(in my mind). So there may be more gains to be had with rear adjustment as well.
I was running the same sag figures on my 2010 as well.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:50 AM
Administrator

I think Mr Jakobi nailed it...

I would add the following to discriminate between sag being off and rebound being off...

If it starts "pushing through the corner right away" then it might be sag. Your steering geometry is off from the get go.

If it won't "hold a line' and tries to push through in the manner described - then it can indicate your rebound dampening is off. I bought WP 4054s upside down fork kit back in the late 1980s to put on an xr250r (it was from white brothers) - it came with a great manual and a description of this symptom and the cure. If you have too little rebound - what is happening is fork comes up as you are in apex of turn (for example) - this rakes bike out loosening the steering geometry as you are mid-turn (or there abouts...)

From my experience, I would add one additional thing to Jakobi's most excellent response. In the past I would find a section of trail or track where there was a section of whoops and a corner(s) that exhibited the issue - I would repeatedly take this same section while adjusting the fork rebound to dial it in. Ensure fork doesn't bottom on whoop section as you are making adjustments - to ensure the fork isn't "packing" as Jakobi described.

Jeff
Old 06-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Brilliant description thanks Jeff.
Entering the corner is fine but from mid corner/apex is steers wide or wants to climb the berm- Rebound! Will start there.
That manual with the symptoms & cures sounds interesting.Any chance of scanning it & posting up?
Old 06-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1862
Old 06-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

This is probably the most comprehensive well laid out description I have seen. It touches on individual aspects, but also notes how they all need to come together to work as a total system.
http://www.off-road.gr/article11.html