Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 01-31-2009, 07:15 PM

Yes, but that may only apply if it was a legal, registered and insured road going motorcycle. It was just purchased used and strapped to the back of a truck, not a registered motor vehicle. Its probably considered property that is covered by the policy or a rider on the policy, just like if a rack of mountain bikes got wadded up.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:29 PM

Well, it turned out that the bike was repairable. I took it to the high-end euro bike shop in town and they loosened up bolts that hold the fork tubes and realigned things. The service guy said that nothing was actually bent. I guess that's a testament to the durability of these bikes. A new bike woulda been nice, but I've hardly ridden this one!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:27 AM

Did they actually take the forks apart and look at them? I would be suprised if a impact from the side would not tweak the internals of the forks or the steering head itself. If something pops up after the claim is signed of on any problems with the bike will likely fall on you.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:33 AM

Take that entire front end apart and check everything carefully. The clamps (all clamps, not just GG) bend eaiser than you think. Hell, it got hit with a car! I destroyed a wheel, clamps, and axel hitting a tree, and I was uninjured. Its a new to you used bike and should have a good going over anyway.