Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelaston View Post
where are you located? I am willing to let you try mine if you are close.
I go to school in the upper peninsula of Michigan, but will be moving to Iowa for work in December. If you're close to either place I might have to take you up on the offer!

Old 09-16-2012, 08:53 PM

I'm in west central Ohio
Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
You drink Miller Lite and say everyone else has no taste ?
I used to drink Miller Highlife (the Champaign of beers) but am now more refined, more so than others on this site...ha
Old 09-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I would love to ride at Roletta's count me in!
Custom billet bits
Old 09-22-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
A member on here, Dualsport did one last April and held it at Moab. Not sure what the turnout was like? Problem is we Gas Gas riders are spread across the U.S. from Cali to Maine it is difficult to pull off a meet like that and have a huge turnout.

I live in AZ and it's been hard to convince the other members on this board from here to meet. I do see some of them at the races thru out the year. I did ride with one member from here(AZ), but he was WAY above my skill level and I played tag along the entire ride.
I met with Jim at the DualSportUtah Moab Gas Gas ride. There were three of us on Gassers (me on a 2011, Jim on a 2011, and Oregon Pampera Rider on a 1996) there were 4-5 on KTMs, 1 on a YZ 450, 1 on a YZ250, and 2 on hondas. Jim had a big campground reserved for the group. There was ample camping sites and a good time was had by all. The rides were appropriate for a varied level of riders and pretty low key. The only one that one hotdogging it was the guy on the YZ 450. On friday we rode slick rock trail and porcupine ridge. The next day we rode Kane Creek Trail, behind the rocks, and Pritchett canyon. We didn't get to ride on Sunday because the guy I went with blew out his front break the day before.

I think it was a great get together in a place that most people don't get to ride that often. I am not a big fan of riding in Moab but if he schedules the ride again I am going to attend.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:38 AM

Default Best clip from Kane Creek Trail.

http://youtu.be/TSDNEHdZBBs
Old 09-22-2012, 12:44 AM

Here is my ride report copied from another site (www.advrider.com).

Since Moab is only 3 and a half hours away I can still include it in our "Sunday Day Trips in Northwest New Mexico" thread. It has been two weeks now and I haven't posted anything because I have been too busy catching up with work and home stuff to post any ride report.

Here is a start. Eaten Dirt and I got out for a kid/wife free weekend for the first annual Gas Gas Moab Dual Sport ride. I didn?t have to do much to get Eaten Dirt to attend; I had mentioned the ride to him a couple of times and he demonstrated some interest. When the time came this was the extent of the conversation; via text messaging:

Pappa_j: ?Hey, do you want to go to Moab??
Eaten Dirt: ?No, I have to work.?
30 seconds later
Eaten Dirt: ?Moni wants me to go. I?ll go.?
Pappa_j: ?Coo. That is short for cool.?*
*total elapsed time one minute 42 seconds. I am not certain this is the exact text but it is close.

The plans were set. Everything else was a minor detail. Eaten Dirt and his family had recently purchased a pretty sweet RV. He was going supply the RV and I was going to supply the trailer. Since we had planned to leave early Friday to make scheduled Friday ride I decided to rent an enclosed Uhaul trailer so we could load up early and jettison. I had also planned on bringing both of my scoots just in case one broke down over the weekend. I also wanted a completely street legal bike so if we needed to we could run into town for parts or food. I decided at the last minute only to take one bike and hope for the best.

Here is the picture of the RV.

Here is a picture of the trailer loaded with toys. Nothing says fun like a trailer full of scoots and gasoline.

Eaten Dirt prepping for the first day?s ride.

First day out on slick rock trail. Eaten dirt and a new friend from Oregon. Turns out Oregon pamara rider and a friend took their time getting to Moab and I think this was like there seventh day of riding. They stopped along the way and rode a bunch of spots between Oregon and Moab.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:45 AM

Here is a picture on top of Porcupine Trail. This is kind of weird. We had ridden for about 45 minutes to an hour and hadn't seen very many mountain bikers then we turn the corner and there were mountain bikers everywhere. I jumped off the scoot grabbed my brass knuckles and was ready to start beating the horse piss out of some mountain bikers. It turned out that they were all "cool". After scoping out the bikes I suspect that many of them had paid more for their mountainbikes than I did for the gas gas. Why would anyone pay so much for only 6 inches of suspension? They were suckers.