Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:47 PM

Question Question For The Dealers Here?

Okay folks I have won my class this year here in Texas and they will be taking my picture and putting it in our 08 Rule Book and I would like to proudly support my colors (Gas Gas Motos) when I take my photo. So do any of the dealers on this site have the Red & White Gas Gas Pit Shirts on hand?

gasgasman can vouch that I have won my class!

I will pay for it and am asking for nothing for free I just want one so that all of those KTM folks that I beat can remember who & what bike kicked their ASS!

Boom

Old 10-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Paddock Shirt!

Austin! What size are you? I can send you the one I wear that I received from Spain...I'll even wash it for you before hand.....its really big on me because its an Extra Large size.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Austin! What size are you? I can send you the one I wear that I received from Spain...I'll even wash it for you before hand.....its really big on me because its an Extra Large size.
XL is my size there Mark. I don't want to take the shirt off of your back. I know these shirts are hard to come by.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
gasgasman can vouch that I have won my class!

YES, my boy did win his class.
Excellent job grasshopper.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
YES, my boy did win his class.
Excellent job grasshopper.
Thank you Master!

You have taught me well.

Now hopefully next year you will come out of retirement for a few choice races!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Congrats! Feels pretty good huh?

What Class and what Division? Championship Division? Sabine?

Coming play in the B class next year? I retired for a few years from racing (new baby, new business, plus a guy from Lafayette died during the National in TN, sort of freaked me out), but I'll probably run the Cajun Classic for fun and work the Great Piney.

Looks like I'm going to get an attendance award of 3rd place for B VET in the Nationals. LOL! I just went to more races than the rest. I don't plan on going to the last one either. I placed like poo poo in every event I have rode since I got hurt. My heart is not in it and I can't handle the poor results. I'm taking it easy for at least a year or so and come back hungry.

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 10-02-2007, 07:33 PM

Thumbs up

Good job Robby!

Its all about riding as many as you can. Unfortunately I cannot ride near enough events to improve past mid level B. It kills me sometimes to see guys I remember from C class now riding A. But, I have some awesome trail riding right out of my garage door, that I can usually hit when I can't race. The most fun I've had riding has been a good day out in the local woods with my friends, and after all fun is what its all about.

Bandit,

Its normal to get freaked out by someone getting killed in a situation that hits home. It will pass. For years I was involved in technical shipwreck diving, deep water dangerous stuff, makes enduros seem like a walk on the park. I worked on a boat that went to the most dangerous wrecks, and several guys died every year on average. First time freaked me out a little, as I had to get the body back on the boat. After that, I just got numb to it, it was part of the game. You just focused on the plan and backup plan and things would be alright. Stuff like this is always going to happen, so try not to let it get to you. Good Luck.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:45 PM

Thanks Chris & Glenn

I was running in the Open C class in the Sabine Division. Girard needs to send in my work day for Caney Creek in order for me to be bumped into 1st place. The guy who I beat knows I beat him and it was some really fierce competition between the 2 of us. This has been some of the best racing I have ever been a part of. I only missed the Concho race this year as I was not going to do much racing this year because of the relocation to Houston.

I feel like I have accomplished the goal that I set for myself 2 years ago as I began my life as an Enduro Junkie.

I promised the wife I would slow down for the 08 season but she said something to the effect of "That Hell Has Not Frozen Over Yet"! so I guess she does not think I will slow down on racing.

I am a bit nervous about some of the races and their long courses but Girard has told me what to do and how to prepare for it. I am hoping that he will pick up racing, or at least a few events anyways because he is alot of fun to ride & race with. He is my mentor and has really helped me step it up this year plus he is such a great friend of mine.

Who knows I might race all of the Championship races next season. One thing for sure is that there are not that many "Sand Baggers" in the B class.

I did hear about that guy dying at the National from a guy that I stay in contact with that I met at the Texas National earlier this year. Very sad to hear. I know it has to freak you out because when I was riding bulls in High School I saw a really good friend of mine dye right in front of me and also when I was racing sport bikes. We dye doing what we love sometimes.

Anyways thanks for the compliment. It was hard & fun all at the same time!

Boom
Old 10-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Long course is all about fitness and pace to me. In 06 it was just about finishing strong. If you can charge on the 3rd loop, then you will be competitive, lots of time can be taken out of the others in your class on the 3rd loop. If you can't, then you will be 5th on back. It is a different ball game all together. Just requires more commitment. I just rode every single weekend. Tried to do 70-80 miles riding hard every weekend. That is what I was doing when I broke my foot, getting in a training ride a few days before an enduro. If you really want to win, just start a cardio routine 3 times a week for an hour. That helped me too, but I'm still just running on talent. When I move up to A in the future, everything just gets bumped up a notch. The riding, training, maintenance, seriousness, everything. So to be competitive, I will have to get serious about working out.

Start now for 08, hit em' hard in the first two races and break their will to continue!

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F