Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Site Sponsor

Default MIssion Impossible 09

I have been a GasGas dealer since 1999 which makes me one of the oldest & most experienced. I guess you can call me dedicated since GasGas is all I sell .I would sure appreciate a buyer or two this year so I can keep my dealership rights .In the worst economy I have ever witnessed I will not be financially able to put up the cash to set a couple of bikes out on the floor even though I am under threat that I will lose my deal if I don't produce ,WOW I am not rich ! I just love the bikes I would be happy to help you folks get a new GasGas but someone has to call me first.I also build a mean motor too if you guys want to feel all the power potential of your 250 or 300.Of course I have never had them refer a local customer to me .But I notice every single bike I see that I did'nt sell and I know how they got it.I know all my customers & try to stay in touch with them .I stand behind the bikes & go out of my way to take care of people. Why not give me a chance :North Tahoe Motorsports ,Moundhouse Nevada (Carson City east) 775-224-4180

Old 04-21-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
A couple of fast factory riders in the U.S. and a couple of raving magazine articles would sell the heck out of Gas Gas bikes. Just look at Husaberg, they're doing great, and don't have a big name factory guy, just a hot new design, and a few very favourable magazine articles.
Husaberg has former KTM Nat'l HS champ Robbie Jenks racing the bike periodicly and young gun Nick Farhinger racing the Nat'l Enduro's and making the podium.

I think the bike's performance and design is the reason behind the buzz about the new 'Berg's.

Sierra Gasser, I feel you man. I had a Gas Gas dealer in my hometown. Folded due to lack of support. If I wasn't a broke college kid at the time I would have bought a bike off of him. I think you hooked me up with some frame guards off of Ebay. Thanks for that. Good luck to you buddy.

2003 Gas Gas 250 EC
Southern Ohio
Old 01-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Site Sponsor

I had someone call me the other day looking for GasGas parts because we took over the Husaberg dealership from Cyclesport USA. I did not take GasGas for several reasons none of which have to do with the bikes themselves. I have ridden them and think they are excellent bikes but the reality of getting them on the floor and being able to sell them has me spooked. Also we have no parts in stock and it takes awhile to get a good feel for what sells and what to stock. In the meantime the customer can call the same parts supplier as the dealer and get parts shipped to them. If I am not mistaken you can buy bikes form the GasGas USA and from GoFasters who are the parts distributors. I'm not saying this all a bad thing but it gives one pause when thinking about the capital you risk putting in a new line. I love dirtbikes as much as anyone but at the end of the day I still have to make some money. GasGas needs to rethink the Distributor/Dealer/End User relationship they have in the USA. Not trying to flame here or cast stones at Dale or GoFasters. Just saying from a real life dealer that likes Euro machinery.