Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:52 AM

Default EC 400 is the battery dead

My EC400 was starting fine until a couple of days ago. All the updates are fitted, so it's not down to that. When I switch the key on, the injector doesn't prime itself, n'or does the fuel pump kick in. The battery is reading 13.5V, same reading at all the fuses. That's as far as I've got, any advice is more than appreciated (won't bump start either)

Old 02-04-2010, 01:24 PM

Does it turn over? If so maybe the fuel pump relay is giving you fits? Do a search. There has been a lot of threads on this subject.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 02-05-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
Does it turn over? If so maybe the fuel pump relay is giving you fits? Do a search. There has been a lot of threads on this subject.

It turns over fine, the battery appears to be fine, giving plenty of revs before the charge gives up. I'll look into the fuel pump relay issue. Thank you
Old 02-05-2010, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobrox View Post
It turns over fine, the battery appears to be fine, giving plenty of revs before the charge gives up. I'll look into the fuel pump relay issue. Thank you
Spoke to the dealer who supplied the bike, who told me to swap the relay for the starter over with the fuel pump relay (both the same, located behind the lhs side panel). All will be revealed hopefully
Old 02-07-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Spoke to the dealer who supplied the bike, who told me to swap the relay for the starter over with the fuel pump relay (both the same, located behind the lhs side panel). All will be revealed hopefully
Hmmmmmmmm, there's only one relay! Still Youtube is very helpful in respect of testing
Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 AM

The same relay can be had from Fiat dealers at half the price of GG dealers, use the long number on the side (Fiat have used this as thier part number)
Old 02-11-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
The same relay can be had from Fiat dealers at half the price of GG dealers, use the long number on the side (Fiat have used this as thier part number)
Replaced the relay and still nothing. The fuel pump is fine as I've bridged it from the battery and it runs ok. Bridged the "diode" fuse and the soliniod responds ok WTF TIA
Old 02-21-2010, 01:19 PM

Mine behaved a bit like that and refused to work again until it was plugged into to the diag machine and all the errors cleared and reset, a cheap fix - were the dealer not 100 miles away!