Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 06-18-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Were you riding out of the Taneum side or Naches drainage?
From Taneum Side
Buddy had a place in CleElum and we ride directly out of his cabin.
Where do you plan to start?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:45 AM

Talking

Please take a video camera
Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
From Taneum Side
Buddy had a place in CleElum and we ride directly out of his cabin.
Where do you plan to start?
Cool! staging will be in the Naches Basin.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:16 AM

Roscoe I wish we were closer that country looks absolutely breathtaking. Hopefully one day I can make it out west to ride. Sounds really challenging. Be safe if you go alone.

Wheelieman
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 PM

You know I would be there except for that little thing of my son getting married... If you could reschedule for Sunday I'll happily go and work for this good cause of keeping our trails open. Something a lot more folks should consider...
Old 08-01-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgastrials View Post
You know I would be there except for that little thing of my son getting married... If you could reschedule for Sunday I'll happily go and work for this good cause of keeping our trails open. Something a lot more folks should consider...
I think Steve's a keeper even though he jumped off the Gas and on one of those Beta's.

last time out, I took him up through some tough terrain, had him trail working his tail off in the sun brushing and limbing. Then on the way back he went down on a tight silt slick bricked switchback and smashed up his thumb pretty bad and is wanting more. Yep keeper!

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:13 PM

Looking like this ride will have around 20-25 riders. Really looking forward to it.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:32 AM

Default 4 feet

As in 4 feet off the trail... Problem though, it's four feet of loose dirt and sharpish softball sized and bigger rocks at a 40 degree angle. With a small tree wedged between my front wheel and frame. And Roscoe waiting on the top of the next ridge, a somewhat brutal climb I don't want him to have to repeat to save my sorry ass... on a getting hot day with lots of work left to do. So off comes all the gear, spec out the situation, and decide further off the trail is what's called for. Muscle the bike off the tree and down the hill about 15 feet and leave it for some landscaping. Remove the larger rocks, all the branches, and make a shallow trench more or less following the intended line back to the trail. That done, it's helmet and gloves back on for the tire shredding dust spewing assault on the hill, to get back on the trail, remember? Finally back up there, after a good rest, it's time to catch up. He asks 'where were you?' Lost concentration and came off the trail, no biggie...
But the trail, talk about excellent. The dirt, elevation and corresponding views, level of challenge, all just excellent! He knows the area and is truly a top notch trail guide. I've ridden, and worked, maybe 60% of the loop, and will forget half what I know before learning 10% of what he does.
So for those of you who wanted to go but backed out... Good choice!!!
And for those of you that do go, you're gonna have an epic ride worthy of the best! Hope to see lots of pics and a write up or two when it's done, but as most of the riders accepting the challenge are not GG friendly, we'll have to just hope Roscoe will collect some thoughts and post them here.
The ride is a benefit for his club's new property, and even if you don't go, I'm sure he would be grateful for any donations, it's all going for land improvements with the hopeful goal being another place for events here in Western Washington.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelieman69 View Post
Roscoe I wish we were closer that country looks absolutely breathtaking. Hopefully one day I can make it out west to ride. Sounds really challenging. Be safe if you go alone.

Wheelieman
Let me know if you ever think your coming out this way. I'd be glad to show you around.

Roscoe

Old 08-08-2013, 09:45 AM

I love the downhill Dirtbike extreme difficulty sign. We don't have signs like that on the east coast. You only figure out the difficulty level when your sliding down the hill all puckered up ! Lol

Wheelieman