Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:01 AM

Default 07 ec300 - I need more power!

First I am not sure what the hp and tq figures are for the 300.

Second, I need it to be faster. My dealer already rejetted it with the LTR kit for my altitude. I have the gas gas labled front pipe and the unmarked muffler. I have to run the bigger stator since my bike is street use too, so I cant change that.

In order what are the performance gaining mods for these 300's?

Old 05-11-2008, 08:59 AM

Power? Top Speed? Dirt? Street? These objectives are somewhat opposite of one another.

If you want top speed for the street, slap on a smaller front sprocket. Increased power won't help you for street speed as you won't be increasing the max RPM.

As for engine mods:
1) LTR Power Valve Cover
2) RB Design head and carb mods

Dale
Old 05-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Banned

Default more power

Contact Steve @ Motowest. His 300 quad engines are making 60 horse, dicking around with boutique or so called tuner parts is a waste.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:57 AM

I'm pretty sure the 300's are close to 50hp and the torque in between a 250/450 4T. Need more power...for what?? Go two teeth smaller on your rear sproket to help your top end speed. In general, 2T's aren't happy flying down the road at WOT for long periods of time. Not really the weapon of choice for dual sporting.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2w View Post
Power? Top Speed? Dirt? Street? These objectives are somewhat opposite of one another.

If you want top speed for the street, slap on a smaller front sprocket. Increased power won't help you for street speed as you won't be increasing the max RPM.

As for engine mods:
1) LTR Power Valve Cover
2) RB Design head and carb mods

Dale
Nothing confusing at all. I want the engine to make more power. I highly doubt the power cover is above any head mods too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
Contact Steve @ Motowest. His 300 quad engines are making 60 horse, dicking around with boutique or so called tuner parts is a waste.
Now this is what I'm taking about. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasIdaho View Post
I'm pretty sure the 300's are close to 50hp and the torque in between a 250/450 4T. Need more power...for what?? Go two teeth smaller on your rear sproket to help your top end speed. In general, 2T's aren't happy flying down the road at WOT for long periods of time. Not really the weapon of choice for dual sporting.
I dont think they are 50hp at all, tq maybe but not hp. My yz250 is 53hp, 38 tq and is noticably faster than my 300.

Ya I'm not really flying anywhere at WOT for an extended period of time, and I am aware of the limitations of a 2t on the street. It's not that bad, on decel or down hills, I go a gear or 2 higher to put in to keep the oil flowing.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:56 PM

That's a bummer eah. I would do the head mod for sure due to your elevation up in Calgary. I live at 6200ft and ride mostly 6-10k. It will run crisper for sure. I've also done the RB carb mod which gave my bike more tunability, easier jetting and increased my top end. I have friends with YZ's that have major engine work done for racing and they can keep pace with me at best on an even drag....until I shift into 6th :-). Hill climbing...no comparison. The EC300 smokes them.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:05 PM

Ok so the gas gas is 50.6hp, 37.4tq according to Motowest's website. Im actually surpised by both numbers. I thought the tq would be higher and the hp lower.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasIdaho View Post
That's a bummer eah. I would do the head mod for sure due to your elevation up in Calgary. I live at 6200ft and ride mostly 6-10k. It will run crisper for sure. I've also done the RB carb mod which gave my bike more tunability, easier jetting and increased my top end. I have friends with YZ's that have major engine work done for racing and they can keep pace with me at best on an even drag....until I shift into 6th :-). Hill climbing...no comparison. The EC300 smokes them.
Ya I think the elevation is killing me for sure. My yz is tuned well, tuned for mid hit, but no engine work, when I drive my yz it's like a force to be recond with, my 300 feels tamer, but I gree there is a noticable difference in hill climbing and lugability on the 300. My friends dont even like driving my yz, they say it's too twitchy to much power, for me that's the way I like it, just it's shorter on tq compared the 300.

I know the 300 has room to improve with the right mods to get the engine to where I want it to be.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Its plenty fast, it just doesnt feel fast. Most people i let try a GG come back saying that they are decievingly fast. Have someone time you on a set course on each bike and i would bet the times will suprise you.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Remember the old saying?
"Don't raise the bridge, lower the water".

You may have to put a 250 top end on your bike.
The 300 slug weighs more-sapping power.

Or get an MC 250 and put a lighting coil on it.