Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:06 AM

In my brand new 08 EC300 the washer shown in the parts list on the left side
was not fitted (item #39).
I am going to find me a 8X16X1.5 mm washer and fit it as shown in the parts list.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enstanka View Post
I am going to find me a 8X16X1.5 mm washer and fit it as shown in the parts list.
Just a question.. why would this part be missing from the factory? My bike was missing the washer in the rear wheel bearings from the factory. I looove my Gasser but is there this many faults from the factory. Just a question, definetly not bagging the brand

Regards

Adam
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Australia
Old 04-25-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
I had the pipe off last night and to my suprise the pv would slide back and forth a couple mm. Neither of my other bikes had this play. I suspect I am missing a washer somewhere.
I thought the endplay seemed excessive on mine and the washer is not there. With this many bikes having the "missing" washer I wonder if maybe they changed the design at some point, omitted that washer and didn't update the parts diagram. Can anyone with a newer bike confirm the presence of that washer? I know if you order that washer from Go Fasters by part # it won't fit.

Quote:
Quote:
Just a question.. why would this part be missing from the factory?
It would be nice to have an "official" opinion on this. My MC ran fine all last summer without the #39 washer, but it's simple to install if it's supposed to be in there. Mark at GF seemed surprised when I told him the washer he sent was incorrect. Maybe he's looked into it.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website
Old 04-25-2009, 01:27 PM

I have now fitted a washer (#39) with the dimentions 8X16X1.5 mm, as in the description for #39.
The washer fitted perfectly, reducing the axial play to a few thenths of a mm from almost 2mm.

The missing washer, is this a change in production, well who knows.
The washer sure fitted perfectly in my cylinder.

//
Old 04-25-2009, 10:04 PM

thanks everyone i think we have fixed this problem once and for all as i have been watching the forum and it seems this problems been going no where but because of some great forum members that pulled there pipes and valves thanks again
Old 04-26-2009, 12:50 AM

Default Chattering 07 250 ec

Hi Guy's

I have enjoyed reading the information on the power valve chattering/rattle. My 07 250 ec also has this horrible noise, which I cant ignore, the noise is mostly assoicated at low to mid revs. I also can move the central exhaust valve from side to side so I'm assuming this is the cause of the noise so I will pull apart the PV assembly "looking" for the problem/resolution.

Various posting have noted that the washer (Item 39) was missing and they have replaced it,but no one has noted if this stop the chattering of the valve.

If I have the washer fitted,I suppose I will replace all bearings and hope for the best.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:55 AM

Do a search and read the other threads. Yes, the washer should be there. Too much noise can come from the PV not adjusted to the stop, or a bad bearing but this is less likely. I'll say it again though that they all rattle some at low revs.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:16 AM

Update,
After a closer check it turned out that with the 8X16X1.5 mm washer,
the PV vas binding half way in its travel.
There was NO way i could make my PV work properly with the washer in place. It felt realy good with some play in the closed position, but it would bind half way.

My conclusion is that the washer is machined in to the PV, it certanly looks that way, and the parts list needs an update.

//
Old 04-26-2009, 08:49 PM

I havn't had my '07 apart yet, so I can't comment on the washer issue related to it. The '00 and '03 had it for sure. What does the drum valve look like? Is there a shoulder machined on the bearing side? What we need is dimmensions of old and new drum valves and main flap, that would answer the question.

I do remember my '00, my first GG, getting louder in the PV area after a top end rebuild and total PV cleaning. Reason most likely being the carbon that had formed on the parts and took up clearance had be stripped off.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
What does the drum valve look like? Is there a shoulder machined on the bearing side?
Yes, on my '05 there is a shoulder machined on the bearing end of the drum valve.

The "hat" spacer on the other side was also VERY sloppy so I picked up a new one and it's just as sloppy as the old one.

Hopefully most of my "rattle" was from my tired top end (which I redid) but I haven't run the bike yet to find out.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website