Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 AM

Default Missing parts at my clutch lever.

Well, I drove 150 miles (back roads, through God's country) to my friend's brand new motocross track in East Durham, NY yesterday. We did some volunteer work in the final preparations for Saturday's grand opening to the public.

http://www.diamondback-mx.com/

We wrestled rolls of chain link fence, hung banners, and assembled an old and very heavy starting gate. Then it was time to ride the new track before the public can. Somehow, the critical pieces at the cluch lever there had gone AWOL (see photo).

Luckily the editor at MXNewsfeed just tossed me his orange 200. It is lowered, and I'm 6'1". But whatever, I had a bunch of fun for about a dozen laps. Really great layout designed by somebody with real credentials. Great flow, with very safe feeling obstacles for this 51y.o. C rider. But the fast guys will love it even more. Just super fun with a real variety of corners and obstacles.

The effort there is pretty astounding. The earth movers in the other photo are just the tip of the iceberg over there. I'm glad the results match the effort.

But anyway, I digress.

1) I need to get these parts. And soon.
And I'm thinking I'll never go rididng without spares of those parts again. Unless:

2)is there a safety wire trick there? That stuff is sorta just fit and wedged between the other securely-fastened stuff, right?

3)I seem to remember there just being the rubber boot and whatever that intermediate push-link thingy is called. Am I only missing two pieces in the photo? 2001 xc300

Thanks for any guidance!
-Dean
that nut who insists on riding his GasGas on motocross tracks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Missing pieces clutch lever.jpg (76.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Earth movers and GasGas.jpg (121.0 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by motogroove; 06-13-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: typos and more typos

Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM

You need the plunger, spring, and boot. Usually part of the AJP rebuild kit, these may be hard to come by now. Start calling around.

I know Diamondback, not far from me at all. Been there several times before they closed. Glad to see them open. I remember the Coens were a couple of MSC fast guys back in the day when I just stopped racing MX.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Try these guys:
http://www.tryalsshop.com/index.html...=0&sort=normal
Old 06-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

i may have them dean... i have a spare set.

will check tonight
Old 06-13-2012, 10:01 AM

Thumbs up Yay, found it!!!

Setting up my ramp to unload the bike, I found the missing pieces laying in the grass. Woo Hoo!

Now to figure out a safety wire trick.

GMP, I also heard some word that the Coens did the layout at Unadilla.
Re: the old Diamondback. I remember that place every time the barometer drops. LOL. Broke my left fibula there on a 1987 kdx200. Some guy scolded me for being on the track with a woods bike. Do you see a trend here?

AJP rebuild kit? <dim bulb flickers> I bet I have a spare, too

Thanks everybody!!

<edit> I was almost clearing this step up after five laps on a lowered, borrowed bike. This photo was in the AM before the machines got over here and groomed, tuned, cleared and sculpted. Hard to tell from the photo, but a big two story drop off of this plateau here. The fast guys will be scrubbing off of this 180 left hairpin landing off the uphill that got you here. So fun... <I'm all tingly>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Step up before grooming.jpg (124.6 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by motogroove; 06-13-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: photo description
Old 06-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Hi there, I lathed a few plungers for a friend and myself. Maybe you could borrow a felow gasser's plunger and take it to a machinist and copy it. It's really quite easy for someone who works a lathe. Almost enjoyable...
My two eurocents.