Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 AM

The age thing is likely true, but the root cause is how much time you spend with your butt planted hard on the seat. This year I've been training harder with TRX and have less problems than in years past, even though I'm older. While I'm by no means a good stand up rider, I spend more time standing now and a lot of time light on the seat.

That said, I think suspension action has something to do with it as well. If your constantly getting smacked with the seat you might have an issue. This is my friend's problem, we are very close in speed so he is hard to pass in the AM. I just hang close, wait till his monkey butt kicks in and I'm gone.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM

anyone else ride standing up all the time?

I have some blown disks, so I ride standing up or I dont ride at all, when I started riding standing up the first few rides were hell, but after that hump was over it's easy going

I can only do about 80 % of my speed in tight woods standing though, when I need to go faster I have to start sitting down in the turns
Old 11-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Site Sponsor

i sit down on any turn over 90 degrees or so, anytime i need to load the front end. i stand anytime it's rough/rear end is bouncing, and on bumpy uphills. i rotate sitting/standing in the tight stuff, depending on how fast i'm moving. but everyone has a different opinion...

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 11-16-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
i sit down on any turn over 90 degrees or so, anytime i need to load the front end. i stand anytime it's rough/rear end is bouncing, and on bumpy uphills. i rotate sitting/standing in the tight stuff, depending on how fast i'm moving. but everyone has a different opinion...
I push with my knees, and brake with the front to load the front end

lately the only time I sit is sweeper sand turns with a rut
Old 11-17-2011, 09:02 AM

I mix it up a lot like stainless. In south Jersey, where it can be very tight, you sit a lot more until you hit the whoops or braking chop.

I always stand up on roads or easy transfer sections. This airs out the butt, cools things down and helps evaporate sweat.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Site Sponsor

i usually let the bumps bounce me into standing to save energy. i waste enough energy picking the bike up from crashes

i also stand as much as possible on long fast section. airing out is nice...

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com