Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 PM

Default Back on the Gas

Went down and looked at Furys 11 250 6 days ... Was planning to go with a 12 ktm 200 but they have a clunky fat feeling down at the pegs. Don't know if they changed that with the new frame for 12 but ... both my husky and gas gas have the feet to foot peg thing figured out. Riding around with that bulgy frame and motor didn't seem like a good long term thing. Of course the price on Kevins bike didn't hurt ... so its mine know.

I need to get a rear brake light so I can plate it ... what are guys running?? Is there a stock unit that looks good that is plug and play??

anyone know what the stock front springs are on this bike

how many clicks out is all the way out on the front fork compression? I went out about 24 and stopped as I had visions of the screw coming out!!

can you change out the pilot jet and the main jet through the bowl drain on the air striker, Like I can on my kawi 4t?? Or do you have to pull the bowl to get at the pilot like on the pwk??

what are the fim metz's like in wet roots and rocks??
dry roots and rocks??

hopefully I'll get out wednesday and give it a test ride

Old 07-26-2011, 10:29 PM

Congrats Skid!

Try and get the under fender support with the hand holds that came on the '07s and other later years I'm sure. It has a plate mount and a small area for a light mount. I found an LED side marker lamp for a trailer fit perfect! It should work on the '11 as the subframe is the same.

24 clicks is about right for full soft, and the adjuster is captured and can't come out. Start at 15 out. Springs should be .42s.

Not sure about the carb but I think you can change both main and pilot through the drain with the AS11s.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 PM

Can't answer any of your questions as I have the 2010 300 but I can say CONGRATS. I'm a little surprised the KTM 200 felt fat after reading how light they are. I've never tried their 2-strokes but did have that feeling on my sons 450 and 505 KTM's he use to have. Glad you got a GasGas; enjoy. Look forward to your ride report.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Can confirm the Pilot and Main are both easily accessable through the drain plug on the ASII. Can even get them while the carb is in the bike by removing the slide and then roatating the carb back the other way. Don't even have to remove the tank.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:38 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

14 mm socket or wrench for access to jets, 6 mm socket and flat blade screwdriver for jets, 6mm socket for needle, small ( maybe 4, can't remember) Allen for captured screws on the as2 cover, they arent very captured and will come out, but stay in enough to allow you to remove the cover without removing them. Cheers
Old 07-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

17mm for base plug
Old 07-27-2011, 08:03 PM

Id go with Acerbis for the taillight/ fender....it mounts right on without massaging the tabs off the fender

Old 07-27-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
Went down and looked at Furys 11 250 6 days ... Was planning to go with a 12 ktm 200 but they have a clunky fat feeling down at the pegs. Don't know if they changed that with the new frame for 12 but ... both my husky and gas gas have the feet to foot peg thing figured out. Riding around with that bulgy frame and motor didn't seem like a good long term thing. Of course the price on Kevins bike didn't hurt ... so its mine know.

I need to get a rear brake light so I can plate it ... what are guys running?? Is there a stock unit that looks good that is plug and play??

anyone know what the stock front springs are on this bike

how many clicks out is all the way out on the front fork compression? I went out about 24 and stopped as I had visions of the screw coming out!!

can you change out the pilot jet and the main jet through the bowl drain on the air striker, Like I can on my kawi 4t?? Or do you have to pull the bowl to get at the pilot like on the pwk??

what are the fim metz's like in wet roots and rocks??
dry roots and rocks??

hopefully I'll get out wednesday and give it a test ride
Well done Skid!

I just bought a couple little Motion Pro tools to make life easier - one is a short 17mm wrench to get the float bowl drain off, the other is a stubby little finger wrench with a hex and a straight for pulling mains and pilots ... both easily accessible through the aforementoned drain.

The Metzler's are decent in roots, and in fact I left my front on for a number of rides until it got really dry and sandy here, then it got shelved for a (matching) Michelin S12XC.

I sell a Sicass LED taillight/brakelight with fender extender that plugs right into the stock connector.

The rest was pretty well covered - congratulations again.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters