Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 01-24-2007, 07:16 AM

Unhappy Dead spot in throttle

I've got a 06 450fse an i have a dead spot just after take off? When i'm doing 60kph the bike will rooster tail away from other bikes, but at low speed it sounds if it drops it's gut or sounds flooded.I talked to a fitter in our mine workshop an he said sometimes imported bikes are tuned to certain atmosphere conditions an they can change from one side of australia to the other? I get left behind on take off and i'm copping heaps of over it any help would be great.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Does the 4 stroke have a two position handlebar switch for the CDI? If not, then do you have the wires to the CDI configured to the "race mode"?

I would also take it in to the dealer and have the mixture trimmed to be more rich - At least in past years, most came trimmed a tad lean.

jeff
Old 01-27-2007, 07:09 AM

Should be easy to fix being efi. Find a gas analyser and a dyno. Bet its running too lean at about 3000rpm. From what Im reading from other posts and other forums, euro bikes are way too lean when they get here. My motor is basically the same as yours but with a carby and I had to go up two sizes on the pilot jet before I could easily get it to start.
If your local dealer looks confused(and he probably will) find a bike shop that does work on weekend blacktop racers. It took me a while but once I found someone who 'got it', the correct setup was done in less than 20 minutes.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Thumbs up dead spot in throttle

Thank guys for the help there's a harley mechanic not far from home an he does efi an race bikes that race at Wanneroo raceway in Perth here so just got to get the bike there, he says he should fix it prettyquick.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:13 AM

Adjust your C/O to 3.5 to 4 o/o at the header pipe and if you check it at the tail pipe adjust it to 2.5 to 3 o/o, after you adjust the C/O get them to do a TPS reset if this is all done correctly and you still have the flat spot it could be a faulty TPS (but unlikly) or you may need to have your injector cleaned.
No differant than a jet in a carby that can get dirt in it.
To do the adjustments you need to have the VDSTS diognostic tool that will work with an ECU of the type of the Gas Gas I think it is a IAW15P.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Sorry to repeat myself, if it were me I would double check the ecm and make sure that it is in race mode - given that your bike roosts well on top, it sounds like it is... There is a wire that you disconnect to select a second "map" - in previous years, you disconnect the blue/yellow and yellow/blue wires (they are connected in non-race mode).

jeff