Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 05-11-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonian View Post
I didn't notice much difference with the new cam. As I said it was identical to the original gasgas item although the clutch tends to slip now if you give it a handful in 5th or 6th.
I did also buy, at the time, used DRZ standard cams but decided to sell them on but can't remember exactly why. I do remember that they had a much milder profile and the timing was different.
I always jump start the bike for the first start of the day because it still struggles when not been used for a couple of weeks. It's usually okay off its own battery after that.
I've run leads from the battery out to an Anderson connector under the side panel by the air filter and just plug a car battery in and it starts really easily. I think it doesn't help that the oil drains into the engine from the frame when unused for a few days.
I also rebuilt the starter motor. Because of its mounting position, it get water inside which rusts the brush plate causing the brushes to stick.

I may get some new Hotcams over the next winter project this year