Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default GasGas Factory News ?

Has anyone heard any news as to the new owners at Gasgas ? Not that there is anything we can do about whoever it will be . But I sure am looking forward to who is going to take over and how it will effect us GasGas guys . I am very hopeful that it is going to be a company that will grow the brand off of the machines we already have . And I sure hope they do it fast !

Old 09-02-2015, 04:51 AM

Long story short, read here http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...t=20029&page=1
Old 09-02-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Dud View Post
Has anyone heard any news as to the new owners at Gasgas ? Not that there is anything we can do about whoever it will be . But I sure am looking forward to who is going to take over and how it will effect us GasGas guys . I am very hopeful that it is going to be a company that will grow the brand off of the machines we already have . And I sure hope they do it fast !
I spoke with the former CEO 2 weeks ago. He tells us the Court Appointee is now reviewing all potential buyers thru the month of Sept (currently there are 15+ potential buyers) then will narrow down to 3, before finally deciding who gets the nod, sometime in Oct. He went on to say the final decision will not come down to who places the highest bid, but rather who agrees to meet the majority of the requests made by the stock holders, unions, etc. In other words, who will do what is best for the workers and the brand.

This is information was sent to all the dealers immediately after our conversation. When there are further updates, it will be sent to the dealers first, then thru public media.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
I spoke with the former CEO 2 weeks ago. He tells us the Court Appointee is now reviewing all potential buyers thru the month of Sept (currently there are 15+ potential buyers) then will narrow down to 3, before finally deciding who gets the nod, sometime in Oct. He went on to say the final decision will not come down to who places the highest bid, but rather who agrees to meet the majority of the requests made by the stock holders, unions, etc. In other words, who will do what is best for the workers and the brand.

This is information was sent to all the dealers immediately after our conversation. When there are further updates, it will be sent to the dealers first, then thru public media.
this is great news !!!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing that with us Rod.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:

Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:18 AM

That is awsum ! I hope that they do pick someone who will do justice to the brand . So by the start of the new year we should have an answer .
Old 09-02-2015, 02:36 PM

Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2015, 03:54 PM

Don't get too happy...Nobody knows the future just yet.

Unfortunately, this ain't the first time I've been down this road, so nothing would surprise me at this point.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Don't get too happy...Nobody knows the future just yet.

Unfortunately, this ain't the first time I've been down this road, so nothing would surprise me at this point.
No doubt, they might be making Gas Gas branded door knobs when all is said and done. Union wants people working. What they are working on is of less importance.

Not making light of the situation as this whole mess must have really disrupted your life. Hope it all works out.
Closed Thread