Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post

They have the most important part of the equation done. They just need to stop sourcing boutique parts, improve the quality control, and hold the rest of the bike to some kind of standard.
Couldn't agree more. The bones are good, spend more time on refinement and the bike would be a real killer.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:25 AM

1. Needle/jetted correctly out of the box. I'm all in refining and suiting to needs but they should work ok with stock specs and recommendations.

2. Less weight without losing that planted feeling

3. Better battery position.

4. Better plastic mounts

Got a 2015 and can't complain much. Sure my buddy's beta is lighter and sparkier but has cheapo rims and peripherals, loses side plastics and needs suspension work done too...
Old 11-14-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post

4. KYB suspension or similar. I am sure if there are new bikes produced they will get the new CC Sachs that the Betas are getting and they just aren't that good (still better than WP)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Really? Have you ridden the new Sachs CC fork? Has anyone you know ridden it? Just not that good - really?

BTW, the new WP OC on the 16s is quite good ...
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 11-14-2015, 09:27 AM

I would like to see them bring back the rear grab handles that my 01 and 06 had just below the seat. so handy for lifting your bike over obstacles and logs. fix the kickstand so it is not a spring loaded weapon. An adjustable power valve would be real nice as well. bring back the steering neck rad expansion tank as well. and a softer air boot from the airbox to the carb, is something that people have been complaining about for years And put some top shelf suspension on the bike at both ends, as this would be a real selling /decision making point on whether to buy a gasser or another brand. Most guy's i ride with spend approx $1500 to get their suspension set up for them after they buy the bike and the skid plates etc.

Last edited by CACTUSREID; 11-14-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:32 AM

An owner's manual that actually had information that was useful would be my wish.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2012 XC-W 300 Slavens Mule (Missile on wheels)
2006 EXC-W 400 (Awesome bike!)
Old 11-14-2015, 09:43 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinschel View Post
An owner's manual that actually had information that was useful would be my wish.

What year model GG do you have? The 2015 model manuals are VERY much improved from past efforts.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
What year model GG do you have? The 2015 model manuals are VERY much improved from past efforts.
2011 ec200 six days. Using my old Ktm manuals for a reference. Would there be a new with more useful info? I'm thankful to have had the ktms in the past. I would be lost for maintenance otherwise...:-)

2012 XC-W 300 Slavens Mule (Missile on wheels)
2006 EXC-W 400 (Awesome bike!)
Old 11-14-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Sweet! I'd love the part number on that fastener. I need to order a new bracket for my regulator (the bracket under the tank snapped - maybe add that to the list. haha) so it would be a perfect time to get one. I bet Halls has the kickstand pad too. They never disappoint.

As for the battery, I did have a Shorai in the 300. My 200 is kick only...I do miss that estart even with the quirky starting and strange battery. Moreso than the weight, I just hated that you had to disconnect the battery to remove the seat completely. Not a deal breaker...I'd buy another again with the battery in the same place...just something that might could be better. Batteries in dirt bikes always seem to be a bit of a hack. You know on the huskies it sat in a removable tray - which seemed nice except that you have to zip tie it down to keep it from launching your seat out from under you. haha!
I would suggest you simply make your own bracket but it must be the same thickness as the stock piece. I tried using aluminum stock you find at Lowes but it is too thick, not allowing the clearance needed for the fuel tank. Another solution is to simply mount the regulator on the top tree, behind the front number plate, but that will involve cutting and splicing the wiring harness, then heat shrinking it all back.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinschel View Post
2011 ec200 six days. Using my old Ktm manuals for a reference. Would there be a new with more useful info? I'm thankful to have had the ktms in the past. I would be lost for maintenance otherwise...:-)

Then I understand your situation! Not sure if you even have access to the stock manual from back then, but here is the link.http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals/2.html
Simply download the manual on a stick. While you are on the manuals site, check out the 15 manuals. I think you will be very surprised at the effort that was put into it.

Aside from what is found here, I am not aware of any other printed tech info. The good news is, you have an unlimited amount of knowledge at your finger tips here on the forum. The members here, know Gas Gas pretty darn well.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Direct injection....Why?
I'd prefer a Smart Carb instead. Rode a bike with one and was very impressed. Have one on the way for my '12.

Simple clean design, with only one or two things to adjust & once set up, just leave it alone.