Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thanks Mark.

We have been on top of this all morning, and just received word there will be an official statement made from the factory, sometime later this afternoon that will put everyone at rest.

Well...most of us anyway.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFasters View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but a few items from this article are inaccurate and more than likely out of date as the interview was done just after the acquisition of GasGas by Torrot.

GasGas will be producing a 2017 enduro model (model specifications won't be until February/March). We will see this 2017 model at a better time frame than most years, in fact it should be released prior or about the same time frame as the other Euro competition which will be quite honestly, the earliest we have ever seen from GasGas.

We are in constant contact with the factory and the "new" distributor/importer comment is in regards to changing the US subsidiary officials (Ramon Puente is no longer with the company) to the new owners of GasGas.

GasGas here and abroad has been basically on its heels falling back since 2012 and we've done what we could with little investment and support from the factory to keep GasGas alive in the US. We've done a lot with very little in my opinion and most with other opinions..well quite honestly you are on the outside looking in and you don't have all the facts, sorry! Easy to speculate all the problems without all the knowledge.

Would we love to have done more? Absolutely...from finishing the digabit ordering and technical software, to a new distribution warehouse for more efficient shipping, to hiring appropriate personal in shipping, and an individual Public Relations person, regional race support, dealer demo's..the list goes on and on. But how much time and personal money would one spend with all of the instability and changes over the past 4 years? Especially with so many people switching to overseas shopping centers? Do i blame them? No, i blame the factory for allowing such a set up, and that will change with the new management.

Things are getting closer to the right direction in the USA. The new owners have a long term plan for the US and it is one that i really am excited about and have been pushing for years...lets just give them the time to implement things. You won't see much in improvements in the next few months to come, it will take awhile but it will happen!
Well said ..... My 2010 is still awesome and I just might be in a position for a new GasGas by next fall! Onward & upward!
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 12-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Factory Press release, Dec 22, 2015

Dear Associates,

In response of a confusing information just appeared in some off road media sites in regards of the GasGas plans of production for 2016, we would like to point out the following:

As informed in all our previous communications, we are aiming to start production of Trials in March and Enduro in April (dates pending to be finally confirmed).

Specifically talking about Enduro, we?ll produce in 2016 the 2 strokes versions in 200, 250 and 300 cc.

Meanwhile, we?ll work along next year in developing a new 4 strokes Enduro bike (based in the Husqvarna engine platform recently purchased), and the plan is to show it to the world in EICMA Milano in November 2016 and start producing it by mid way through the year 2017.

We would like to take the chance to wish you all a Merry Christmas togher with your family and our best wishes for 2016!!!

Kind regards,

_

David Mart?nez F?guls
Export Manager
Old 12-22-2015, 01:53 PM

Hopefully the new smoker is light weight.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Dear Associates,

In response of a confusing information just appeared in some off road media sites in regards of the GasGas plans of production for 2016, we would like to point out the following:

As informed in all our previous communications, we are aiming to start production of Trials in March and Enduro in April (dates pending to be finally confirmed).

Specifically talking about Enduro, we?ll produce in 2016 the 2 strokes versions in 200, 250 and 300 cc.

Meanwhile, we?ll work along next year in developing a new 4 strokes Enduro bike (based in the Husqvarna engine platform recently purchased), and the plan is to show it to the world in EICMA Milano in November 2016 and start producing it by mid way through the year 2017.

We would like to take the chance to wish you all a Merry Christmas togher with your family and our best wishes for 2016!!!

Kind regards,

_

David Mart?nez F?guls
Export Manager
Now that IS awesome!

BTW, I can't think of anyone here in the U.S. that could think you and Rod haven't busted butt to make things work here. Like you said, there is only so much you guys can do. Having said that, I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates all you guys have done for the U.S. Gas Gas community. Rock on!
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 12-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

This is great news! Now i'm back on GG I'm pretty certain this is where I'll stay. It just works too good for my type of riding and racing.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but a few items from this article are inaccurate and more than likely out of date as the interview was done just after the acquisition of GasGas by Torrot.

GasGas will be producing a 2017 enduro model (model specifications won't be until February/March). We will see this 2017 model at a better time frame than most years, in fact it should be released prior or about the same time frame as the other Euro competition which will be quite honestly, the earliest we have ever seen from GasGas.

We are in constant contact with the factory and the "new" distributor/importer comment is in regards to changing the US subsidiary officials (Ramon Puente is no longer with the company) to the new owners of GasGas.

GasGas here and abroad has been basically on its heels falling back since 2012 and we've done what we could with little investment and support from the factory to keep GasGas alive in the US. We've done a lot with very little in my opinion and most with other opinions..well quite honestly you are on the outside looking in and you don't have all the facts, sorry! Easy to speculate all the problems without all the knowledge.

Would we love to have done more? Absolutely...from finishing the digabit ordering and technical software, to a new distribution warehouse for more efficient shipping, to hiring appropriate personal in shipping, and an individual Public Relations person, regional race support, dealer demo's..the list goes on and on. But how much time and personal money would one spend with all of the instability and changes over the past 4 years? Especially with so many people switching to overseas shopping centers? Do i blame them? No, i blame the factory for allowing such a set up, and that will change with the new management.

Things are getting closer to the right direction in the USA. The new owners have a long term plan for the US and it is one that i really am excited about and have been pushing for years...lets just give them the time to implement things. You won't see much in improvements in the next few months to come, it will take awhile but it will happen!

You have done a great job given the hand you have been dealt over the last 12 months.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Dear Associates,

Kind regards,

_

David Mart?nez F?guls
Export Manager
Yay! Great news! I am assuming the models in planned production will be 2017 models?
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 12-22-2015, 06:52 PM
Administrator

This thread is now *very* long.

to summarize...

torrot purchased gasgas and things are moving forward.

Rod and Mark do participate here on a regular basis - they seem to have closed on the major questions here.. (but not every little detail can be answered)...

So let's put things on hold for a short bit and let them spend some time with their families over the christmas holiday.

Closing this thread to give them a break!

Thanks,
jeff