Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:39 PM

If KTM's behaviour after taking over Husqvana is anything to go by forget about any back up on anything produced before the take over
Their service to clients with older models has been disgraceful here in NZ

Old 07-29-2015, 07:43 PM

Found this picture today..... along with this statement-
KTM and Pierer industries have visited today the installations of Gas.
Yesterday the company Committee received the leak today, former ceo, Ram?n bridge, went to visit the installations of Gas Gas motorcycles, along with Ktm and Pierer industries.
This fact has put on alert the whole template, on the one hand, the company is in liquidation phase and the preparation of sale of production unit. So, the views of potential investors have to go by for the bankruptcy administration, current Director or Committee.
The fact that the former CEO (which to this day, is not linked to this process) is presented to Gas, without knowing which plan has him and the Austrian brand for the company, has put on notice to all staff. Looking to the past, in the history of acquisitions of KTM, other companies that it has acquired have ended with the closure of its facilities.
This is not the future we want for Gas Gas motorcycles, so, we decided to all the staff, give them the welcome. With the message that this is not your House, we want to understand, that does not allow to buy our facilities to close them and impair the little national industrial fabric that we have. The national off-road sector cannot keep his arms folded while a few opportunists seek order and monopolize the European sector of the motorcycles using a network of companies to join with the entire market.
After several phone conversations between administrator and business Committee, has come to the understanding and agreement that you will not be able to prevent a possible investor. Although the social part sospit?s, this possible investor, was to leave in a situation of perpetual check to all the staff. Then in order not to hinder the process, it has been decided that the visit of KTM and Pierer industries, would be led by the current management and Enterprise Committee.
Once the visit of KTM, these study projects that can be adapted to our facilities. Moving the offer to the administrators at the time of the auction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KTM dummy.jpg (113.4 KB, 101 views)
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 07-29-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGas View Post
MV Agusta would be the best scenario in my opinion. They would have an instant foot into the door of the trials market and gain a great 2 stroke along with the late model red head motors technology. All to go along with their street bikes.
Harley buys MV redoes the entire factory doesn't sell one bike in there dealerships. Sells MV back to the original owners for nothing, and MV is back on track making beautiful bikes. This would be great for MV to get an proven off-road bike with out having to do any RR.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1956 View Post
Found this picture today..... along with this statement-
KTM and Pierer industries have visited today the installations of Gas.
Yesterday the company Committee received the leak today, former ceo, Ram?n bridge, went to visit the installations of Gas Gas motorcycles, along with Ktm and Pierer industries.
This fact has put on alert the whole template, on the one hand, the company is in liquidation phase and the preparation of sale of production unit. So, the views of potential investors have to go by for the bankruptcy administration, current Director or Committee.
The fact that the former CEO (which to this day, is not linked to this process) is presented to Gas, without knowing which plan has him and the Austrian brand for the company, has put on notice to all staff. Looking to the past, in the history of acquisitions of KTM, other companies that it has acquired have ended with the closure of its facilities.
This is not the future we want for Gas Gas motorcycles, so, we decided to all the staff, give them the welcome. With the message that this is not your House, we want to understand, that does not allow to buy our facilities to close them and impair the little national industrial fabric that we have. The national off-road sector cannot keep his arms folded while a few opportunists seek order and monopolize the European sector of the motorcycles using a network of companies to join with the entire market.
After several phone conversations between administrator and business Committee, has come to the understanding and agreement that you will not be able to prevent a possible investor. Although the social part sospit?s, this possible investor, was to leave in a situation of perpetual check to all the staff. Then in order not to hinder the process, it has been decided that the visit of KTM and Pierer industries, would be led by the current management and Enterprise Committee.
Once the visit of KTM, these study projects that can be adapted to our facilities. Moving the offer to the administrators at the time of the auction.
Ouch! That picture speaks very strongly.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORSA View Post
Harley buys MV redoes the entire factory doesn't sell one bike in there dealerships. Sells MV back to the original owners for nothing, and MV is back on track making beautiful bikes. This would be great for MV to get an proven off-road bike with out having to do any RR.
Just got to get it out of Spain.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:12 PM

Must have been a very warm welcome;-)

http://www.enduro360.com/2015/07/29/...old-reception/

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2015, 09:10 AM

KTM will buy the brand and the tooling and extinguish any hope that the brand will rise again.
Why wouldnt they? Its just good business.

I doubt they want to build trial bikes.
Theres never been alot of money in trials bikes.

Maybe these lightweight enduro crossover funduro machines that for some inexplicable reason people are interested in.
Just ok at some stuff and good for nothing machines for $5k and up.
Not much future their either.

Buy to crush.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasxc View Post
KTM will buy the brand and the tooling and extinguish any hope that the brand will rise again.
Why wouldnt they? Its just good business.

I doubt they want to build trial bikes.
Theres never been alot of money in trials bikes.

Maybe these lightweight enduro crossover funduro machines that for some inexplicable reason people are interested in.
Just ok at some stuff and good for nothing machines for $5k and up.
Not much future their either.

Buy to crush.
Just because they aren't any good on your trails doesn't mean they don't have merit anywhere. Personally I'm glad there is an option for people to have an easy to ride bike on technical mountain single track which they would just be damaging if they were to attempt it on a true enduro.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:25 AM

Beta is laughing all the way to the bank with the Cross Trainer.
Need to think outside the box once in a while.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
Beta is laughing all the way to the bank with the Cross Trainer.
Need to think outside the box once in a while.
Yeah, they basically re-invented the Suzuki DS or Yamaha DT level bike had those companies not abandoned the market segment of people who are interested in a dirt bike that isn't a race bike but has some capability. Perfect for a guy like me who just likes to plonk along somewhat easy trails and ride around the property. My EC300 seems perfectly happy to do this so no complaints there but I could easily get by on something a bit smaller, with less travel and less weight. Had the Beta been released before I popped for the Gasser I might be riding something else. Good on Beta for trying. I have the feeling a lot of people would be much happier with a bike like the XTrainer if they were more honest about how they really intended to use the bike.

Last edited by Chaz955i; 07-30-2015 at 11:47 AM.