Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:55 AM

Default Grip heater wiring question

I am in the process of setting up a spare set of handlebars with grip heaters. I want to be able to swap out between handlebars when the weather changes. I have an 11 300 six days. I have bought a set of bars, the renthal 997s, moose grip heaters, scott grips and moose barkbusters with plastic hand guards. I have a GG throttle tube on order. I will use all the other equipment (front brake MC, clutch MC, choke, headlight switch and kill button assemblies) as they are easily removed and placed on the replacement bars.

My question is, for anyone who is familiar with grip heaters on the GGs, what is the best wire to hook up to the heaters. I have not had a chance to look at the schematic on the CD but thought that if someone had done this it would save me some time.

Thanks for any input you gentlemen can provide....

Old 12-27-2011, 08:55 PM

Headlight is how I always wire them just did mine on the gas gas last week now my hands are happy. I even use them in the wet to dry my gloves off.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdxtreme View Post
Headlight is how I always wire them just did mine on the gas gas last week now my hands are happy. I even use them in the wet to dry my gloves off.
Me too. Also I set them up so that if I turn off the headlight the heaters still receive power
2007 Beta Rev 3 270
2007 KTM 200 XC Wife's

Public Lands belong to the Public
Old 12-28-2011, 06:53 AM

I use white wire wich come out from stator. If I remember right in -11 model att least in Euro models it empty and ends near headlamp (I'm not sure because I installed heated grips last winter). You need to install extra woltage regulator to that circuit so that they dont wam up too much in higher rews.

I use 15w heater element in throttle side and 20w in clutch side. It balanses differncies between plastic throttle side and aluminium clutch side materials. You can use resistor if you have same watts in both elements.

When it hurts you know you're allive!

Gas Gas EC 300 Factory Racing 2012
- Ohlins TTX both front and rear
- Rekluse Core EXP 2.0 + Rekluse clutch basket
- Scalvini full exhaust system
- S3 Head
- Trusty adjustable PV cover

That was ultimate setup for me...
Now trying something else for a while...
Old 12-28-2011, 07:28 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the great info guys! Forums in general make it so much easier to get the info that you need but this forum, although not as large as some, (which is absolutely not a bad thing) has a wealth of knowledge. Thanks again gentlemen....
Old 01-14-2012, 04:28 PM

Mission complete. Got all my parts and built up the handlebars. Put the new ones on and wired the heaters up....nothing to it. That will definitely be the hot setup, literally. Can't wait to go riding now when it cold.