Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:49 PM

Default 2013 XC300 Airbox-Love/Hate Relationship

So I have probably put around 50-60 hours on my GG since I found it neglected in the used section at a local dealership last year (many hours wrenching but same top end, jetting and reeds). Knowing little about dirtbikes, I figured the airbox and filter changes were normally this much of a pain...

Then I bought my wife a TTR 125. My friends also bought some MX bikes and I discovered the world of removable side panels on airboxes. They literally take seconds to swap, and do not coat my hairy forearms with thick nasty filter oil.

With that said, my GG seems able to never let a speck of dust inside the filter on dry dusty group rides, and has never let enough water in the bore to stall this pig (although she has gurgled and coughed in some deep puddles lol, nothing a quick whack of the throttle could not fix though). I hate filter changes on this bike and sometimes think about trading up a few years just for this reason. The fact is that 50+ hrs later, she runs better than when I bought her and still stands straight up in Sunshine mode whenever I ask with my throttle hand...

I have learned to keep the drain hose on the bottom of the airbox clean and free of oil buildup. Oil buildup leads to gunk and then it just holds water and sounds angry...

Old 09-03-2018, 11:47 PM

I don?t know. I?ve never owned a KTM or a ?X? version of a yami or Honda. But all the bikes I ever had before the gasser have been the same. Remove the seat and squeeze the filter in and out. At least the seat is easier to remove than a KX450. Hah!
1997 KX60
1983 Yami Tri-Zinger
1984 Suzuki Alt 50
1969 Trail 90
1971 Trail 90
1972 Trail 90
Old 09-04-2018, 03:58 PM

Kind of true about the seat. I have not done anything with the battery mounted to my seat yet, but when the battery needs replacement I will be looking for a better solution. I end up disconnecting the battery every time I change the air filter, which has been every ride lately. It has been pretty dusty in the woods the last few rides.

Sorry if I was unclear earlier. My Wifes Yamaha TTR 125 (little air colled 4-stroke trail-bike) has a side panel to acces the air filter, like some of my friends newer motocross bikes (and newer GG from what i have read). Easy to clean the airbox too but I wont be riding deep mud puddles on her bike lol.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

[QUOTE=BLD;185508]Kind of true about the seat. I have not done anything with the battery mounted to my seat yet, but when the battery needs replacement I will be looking for a better solution. I end up disconnecting the battery every time I change the air filter, which has been every ride.

What I have done in the past is to notch the battery eyelet terminals, so just loosening the battery terminals instead of removing the bolt.