Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:33 AM

sound really bad, I hope you come back to normality soon.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Site Sponsor

we finally got power back late last night. when one of these guys showed up, i knew the magic would happen soon. hope everyone else gets back to normalcy soon.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 PM

Finally got power back tonight, 2 hrs after I picked up a new 6.5KW Generac to replace my aging and stressed 3K. It figures. There are still people without power around here. This morning saw a guy working from a helo on high tension lines over the mountain.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
we finally got power back late last night. when one of these guys showed up, i knew the magic would happen soon. hope everyone else gets back to normalcy soon.

What's all that white stuff?
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 11-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
What's all that white stuff?
it's a 4am surprise. went from rain to 16" snow in 4 hours. leaves were on the trees, so all trees became 1/2 height, and twice as wide

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 11-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Finally got power back tonight, 2 hrs after I picked up a new 6.5KW Generac to replace my aging and stressed 3K. It figures. There are still people without power around here. This morning saw a guy working from a helo on high tension lines over the mountain.
Glad to hear things are improving for you Glenn. Have the gasoline issues leveled off? Wishing everyone down there the best in these trying circumstances.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:59 AM

Gas is getting better, especially since the gov started the odd/even rule. More power, more stations, more gas. Almost no lines in AM. I still have 25-30 gal of regular in my garage for the generator I can now fill our trucks with! I told my wife don't stop for gas I wan't to free up cans for premium and premix!

Heard you had a good time Ed, also heard your buddy was fast. Bummed I couldn't come and mix it up. I'm going to try and ride Thanksgiving weekend in PA if Steve throws something together. One more race is series next week.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Heard you had a good time Ed, also heard your buddy was fast. Bummed I couldn't come and mix it up. I'm going to try and ride Thanksgiving weekend in PA if Steve throws something together. One more race is series next week.
Yeah we did, and we missed you. I'm still planning to bring my bike to PA even though my radiator is a little tweaked so I'll look forward to riding with you then.

It's amazing how fast my buddy is now. When we first started riding together I was dragging him through the woods on his KX250. The he bought a 250EXC and once he got the 250XC-FW Six Days we got fast as hell and moved up to B. It didn't hurt that his job let him ride during the week
Old 11-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have been working the storm for the past 2 weeks, 16 hr days with no end in site, Building substations that got flooded, Burnt up, blown up switchgear everyware, Though the utillity is close to 100% restored many customers can not safelly except power, One utillity customer might feed 500 people in a lower Manahatten High rise.

Though I am a Electrician by trade I work for a high voltage testing company. My biggest cutomers are the Big Investment banks, Money is no object for reliable electric power for there data centers and traders, And they are spending the moeny now,

Lots of displaced workers, Lots of lost homes,

The worst part of the storm for me in my selfish mind is I missed the last NETRA Enduro

Ed
Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 AM

I'm just happy a tree didn't crush my house, like happened to one of my neighbors and many others in town. I checked out some of the trails from the roads here and there is a section of pine woods that looks like a tornado or wind shear went through, no intact trees left, either uprooted or stripped and snapped halfway up. Just a big pile of sticks many deep. Everything else is pretty normal now except Verizon hasn't cleaned up their mess of a trashed land line system yet. A 4" dia cable with the steel strength member is still on the ground along my street and draped over a neighbors car.