Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 09-01-2006, 09:12 AM

Default CRD radiator guards

After smashing my raditors on my 2000 EC300 with Flatland radiator guards, I had decided to run just the GP braces. Then I saw the CRD radiator braces and they appeared to be very similar in design to the KTM hard parts radiator guards I had on my KTM. Very stout and very strong compared to the FLRG's. These CRD braces also allow you to use your stock plastic louvers which is great for mud races. However, for more puncture resistance, it's easy to add some wire mesh similar to that used on small amimal cages. The wire mesh can be safety wired or zip-tied to the upper and lower front bracing rods.

I have tested these CRD radiator guards and they work great. I'm short so I tend to drop the bike rather than fight to keep it up. My radiators are still strait, so they must be pretty good.

Mike Baxter

Old 09-06-2006, 09:38 PM

Thanks for the review. I have been trying to decide what brand to go with. Think I might have found a winner.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:22 PM

Mike, by stronger and more stout than the flatland guards, do U mean the way they tie into the frame? They don't look as thick as the flatlands. Are they made from a stronger metal and will they take a side hit better than a flatland? I'm short too and side impacts are a concern. I want the strongest.
Thanks, Bob
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 09-22-2006, 09:13 AM

I can bend the Flatland guards with pressure from my thumb. The CRD guards use aluminum that is much stonger. Plus the design is a radiator cage that attaches to the frame. The CRD design will also allow you to beef them up further like GMP. I think that I may be purchasing another set for my 2000 EC300 as well.

To answer your question, the CRD guards offer much better side impact protection from dropping your bike. The CRD braces do everything better than the Flatland braces with exception to punture resistance. This can be taken care of with some rabbit cage fencing and some zip ties. It's not a problem for me out west.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:16 PM

Thanks. Good answers. Bob
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 01-17-2007, 01:33 PM

Another Review of CRD radiator guards.

Just before Xmas I purchased CRD radiator guards off Gofasters for my 2000, EC250. I have to say that they are exactly what I wanted. I had crashed at a race in early December and bent on of my radiators. I decided I needed something better to give some more protection and I decided on the CRD guards. They are everything that I hoped for and more. At a race in early January I crashed again and ripped off one of the radiator shrouds in the December race I did a similar thing and found that I had a hard time reattaching it, but the CRD guards gave me a really nice place to wrap a Zip/cable tie around and this meant I was able to keep going at the same pace as before. (I then got a flat tyre on the last lap and had no repair kit so rode the last lap on a flat). Anyway I can say that I am more the happy with the CRD guards and think I probably should have got them earlier. A really good product!!

Last edited by highspeedsteel; 03-13-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I tried to fit them on a 2001 xc300 and they didn't
quite fit. They are made for the 2003 and up frame.

For those newer bikes I think they're great as they enclost the radiator in a
"roll cage" of protection, especially better than flatland at the top of the
radiator.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:11 AM

Hi!

Can the CRD radiator guards for the EC250 '06 be used for the EC250 '07. The frames are a bit different. Can somebody confirm?

Thank you!

Leon
Old 03-13-2007, 02:56 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I was looking at the www.crd-international.com site, and they only list 2003-2004 FSE for their radiator guards.

However, at www.dirtbike.at I found this text, which I have auto translated from german: ATTENTION: Gas gas has changed in summer, 2003 the assembly place of the ignition coil by which the rear assembly point got lost for the left chill protector.The CRD protectors fit ex works only to the FSE versions with the deeply mounted ignition coil like on the left in the picture shown! For other versions the missing assembly point must be substituted, e.g., by a hanger which leads to another assembly point.

So, there seems to be a chance to mount the CRD radiator guards on a -05 FSE450. I am having my dealers research who imports them. I will most likely buy a set, and adapt it to my -05.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zuendspule_alt.jpg (19.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 PM

Thumbs up

As U know, I've been holding off for the CRD's too. Let us know right away if that new part will work for our '05 FSE's. That would be great.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1