Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:37 PM

Default New to GasGas

Hey all just picked up a used 2012 Ec300. I finally took it for a proper ride yesterday and wow is this bike a blast. The suspension really is impressive compared to what I rode before. I'm really happy to be in the family as I only hear good things about these bikes. Only thing is the bike vibrates all the subframe bolts loose, is anyone else loctiting these? Otherwise it is one fun bike and I hope to race some enduros with it this summer!

Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard. This will be your online user manual in any language you need. Where are you from?

The bikes have a few little issues (particularly the 12 as it was the first run of a new chasis), and the engines have a few setup tips re powervalve tension, jetting, and most currently discussed, the waterpump cover. All worthwhile checking and won't take long. After that it'll be a rock solid reliable bike with many happy hours riding.

Cheers
Jake
Old 04-28-2013, 12:21 AM

Hey Jake,

I'm over in the United States in New York on Long Island. Glad to hear there isn't much to do on these. Is there a sticky link for some of the checks I should do?

How is the estart any issues with that? This thing kicks over first time for me though doesn't seem like I even need an estart.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLantern View Post
Hey Jake,

I'm over in the United States in New York on Long Island. Glad to hear there isn't much to do on these. Is there a sticky link for some of the checks I should do?

How is the estart any issues with that? This thing kicks over first time for me though doesn't seem like I even need an estart.
Sticky threads in the engine, and intake and carb subsections for float height, powervalve function, etc. Good places to start reading.

I think some have had to add a gasket or two in for the e start with the bendix not always engaging. I don't know the finer details as my 2010 is a race model with no button. Always kicks easy enough I don't feel the need for a button.

Jetting wise.. don't open that can of worms. Sticky thread on that too
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 PM

Great thanks for the info i'll take a look around.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 PM
Banned

Welcome, the 12's are great bikes. The starter issues have been resolved for 12 and newer. The 300's do vibrate, but I've never had one vibrate bolts out. Probably nothing some blue loctite couldn't fix.

Just what Jakobi says. Set the float height and jetting and if you need to there is a fix also for the shrouds so they don't pull out that GMP did. These bikes maybe a.little on the heavy side but they were built to take a lot of abuse.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:48 PM

That is what I like to hear! I really like a bike that can take a beating.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 PM

Where on LI did u find a gasser?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:47 AM

I didn't buy it on LI, i had found one in Pennsylvania. I went through Matto Cycles to get it. Budd is a great guy and runs a good shop.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:19 PM

Where do you ride? Any ECEA events?