Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2016, 02:18 PM

Default First ride on my new EC300 went great but I have some questions.

So I bought a 2012 EC300 last week and today was the first time I was able to really ride it aside from prepurchase riding in a parking lot. I am new to GasGas so maybe you guys can help me parse out if to answers to any of the following questions are GasGas-specific. So yesterday I did 12 miles at a local woods track taking it pretty easy and I have a few questions.

1. Do EC300s vibrate a lot in mid to high rpms? Is this common on all big bore bikes and I'm just not accustomed to it yet?

2. Are there any negative side effects to stopping and idling in gear with a rekluse? Sometimes I found it hard to find neutral out on the track when I was taking a break.

3. Is first gear nearly pointless on this bike? I found myself having to shift from first to second gear almost immediately after takeoff because the rpms got so high so fast and the bike seemed to not go nearly as fast as I thought it would in first alone. But the range of power in second gear was absurd. I could go so fast in second gear I found third gear almost useless when I was in the trails. Idk maybe I'm just still a noob but it seemed like second gear has a huge long "powerband" of its own.

4. Is the turning radius kinda large? I found myself not being able to turn as tightly as I have been able to on different bikes. If it is bigger, how do you compensate for this while riding?

5. Is there a detailed guide somewhere about how to hook up the onboard computer? Previous owner disconnected it and said he never used it so I'm not even sure if mine works.

All that being said, I had a blast today and I think I'm a convinced gasser now! Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2156.jpg (125.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2152.jpg (126.5 KB, 48 views)