Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 09-03-2008, 02:47 AM

Default What to do?

Hello members, I have a '03 fse 450 that broke 3 valves and took out the head, piston, cylinder, rod and crank. This bike had under 1500 miles on it and is very clean with extras (Olins up front, skid plate, guards and tagged). My question is if this bike is worth rebuilding? I bought this bike with the idea of keeping it for along time and hoped for more reliability. I got a quote on parts, list price, crank and rod=970, cylinder=700, piston kit=330, head casting only=700, plus valves, gaskets, etc. Labor=600-800. These are list prices, and the dealers rep said they would help me out on the price of parts, what ever that will be. A whole new engine=15,000 (what a joke!). Maybe I should part it out? Any ideas? Thanks

Old 09-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Sorry to hear your trouble - the $15k number must have been a joke...

Sounds like it is time to part it out... The wheels & ohlins front forks will sell quickly. I would list stuff here at a "fair price" - whatever doesn't sell in two weeks - I would put on e-bay...

jeff