Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2012, 04:21 AM

Default 2003 EC300 Over Reving

Long story short I haven't used my Gasser in about 18 months and decided I take her out to an Enduro event this weekend. So being a good wee boy that I am I thought I give her the once over to make sure she was in tip top shape, i.e. gear oil, clean filter, general check over, etc, etc...

When all was done I took her down the lane to try her out, only to notice a bit of a stutter. Decided to take off the carb and give it a clean as well to try sort the stutter. Did so and put all back together started it and it went to maximum revs, flat out and I couldn't get it turned off, kill switch wouldn't work, kicked off the plug cap, still nothing, ended up turning of the petrol and having to wait till she used the petrol in the bowl.

Anyway after a lot of messing about (hours) I decovered that the inlet rubbed wasn't sitting correctly on the intake manifold, it wasn't making a good seal, sorted this (12:30am) and tried her again only to discover that she was still reving high, albeit I had messed with the idle screw proir to discovering the fault.

Anyway I was that pissed off at this stage I just left all in a heap and call it a night. So I'm going to have another look this evening and was wondering if there is something obvious that I might be missing before I spend another evening pulling my hair out???