Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I don't think thats it. Look at the bottom of the cartridge cap, you can see the natural aluminum colored body of the bottom of the PFP adjuster, easily contrasting the gold anodized cap. It is threaded into the cap and sits just about flush with the cap bottom edge when the PFP is full CCW. Now picture a groove machined around the circumferance of this part where you can't see it, and a retaining ring installed. Above that, in the cartridge cap itself, should be a shoulder for this ring to stop on. Just like the preload collar setup I mentioned. I suspect, and its an educated guess, that if you remove the compression and PFP pistons, spring, etc. from the assembly, you should be able to easily thread the PFP adjuster down far enough to expose this ring. It would then be removed and the PFP adjuster unthreaded and removed from the top. This would be neccessary to replace the o-ring on the PFP adjuster.

Too bad you didn't post this a week ago, mine were apart and it would have been easy to go one step more and see for sure whats going on.
GMP i think your educatet guess is right, but i don?t have the right tool to pull the cartridge out, so i hope the importer will informate me what was wrong about it