Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Other...

Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 PM

To me it's amazing the 200 is only 10%. It feels sooo much more controlled with that cam and I think very little is lossed just smoother as I ride my friends gasses all the time and they just feel like a less refined throttle.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
To me it's amazing the 200 is only 10%. It feels sooo much more controlled with that cam and I think very little is lossed just smoother as I ride my friends gasses all the time and they just feel like a less refined throttle.
Well after discussions I've ended up deciding to go the opposite direction to you Trev. Bloody hard work trying to read and write when I had just crawled out of bed this morning let alone making a decision.

Gary at G2 has done a great job of explaining things and I have ended up getting the 2T throttle package with the 025 cam. 20% less throttle movement should make this super sensitive and I fear that it'll be too touchy for the riding I will do. He's also placed a 100 cam in there so that I can run stock settings again if I'm not happy. Really would have prefered a 050/200 as the second cam as I'll already have a complete stock throttle, but he's thrown it in for free so I can't complain.

Overall another display of great customer service.

Ideally I'd liike a larger cam with a profile that allows for a shorter total pull, but similar to stock control at smaller openings.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 AM

For an experiment, start out with the fastest cam, and cut down the first 1/3 to 1/2 of surface to match the profile of the #200. You can see this easily and mark it with the cover of the throttle off. That would be a very non-linear cam.

This stuff is all well and good for fun, but may not help you over the course of a long tough race, unless your like ML. Your terrain seems pretty open from some of your videos so perhaps its not a big deal.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:17 PM

That's why I went to the 200 cam as we ride a ton of really tight single track and I wanted to take some of the bite out to give me more time to react. When I go to the track I love using the 100 because I can get on it so much faster. I think I will miss it until I left it on one ride and was wayyy slower as I kept letting the bike get away on me
Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
For an experiment, start out with the fastest cam, and cut down the first 1/3 to 1/2 of surface to match the profile of the #200. You can see this easily and mark it with the cover of the throttle off. That would be a very non-linear cam.

This stuff is all well and good for fun, but may not help you over the course of a long tough race, unless your like ML. Your terrain seems pretty open from some of your videos so perhaps its not a big deal.
Most my videos I just snip the more open sections together because I believe it makes more entertaining viewing with trees whistling past and an engine on song.

We also have some quite technical single track which is all 1st/2nd gear on and off the throttle, wet roots, rocks, 45 degree logs, pine needles, ruts and so on. All the good stuff Which I prefer.

I like your idea of cutting the cam down. Maybe something to play with some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
That's why I went to the 200 cam as we ride a ton of really tight single track and I wanted to take some of the bite out to give me more time to react. When I go to the track I love using the 100 because I can get on it so much faster. I think I will miss it until I left it on one ride and was wayyy slower as I kept letting the bike get away on me
This is where I'm at. I'm happy with the single track response from the stock throttle and no issues. Sometimes it would be nicer to be able to hit WOT without having to take another grab at the throttle or reach over further though, thats why I'd like shorter total pull.

In the open its not so much a concern as I'll adjust me grip with extra over reach to constantly be on the throttle.

I'll give the 20% faster cam a go and see how I go. Coming into wet season I don't think it will be that great, but may take my throttle control to a new level.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 AM

"I'll give the 20% faster cam a go and see how I go. Coming into wet season I don't think it will be that great, but may take my throttle control to a new level"

You have more balls than me, I think Ill swap down to the 0.50 cam to start, then if I want more Ill put in the faster one.
2011 Husaberg FE390 - OLD STEED
2010 Yamaha WR250F - OLD STEED
#53B

I dream of a better tomorrow, where Chickens can cross the road, and not be questioned about their intentions.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by erniebearskin View Post
"I'll give the 20% faster cam a go and see how I go. Coming into wet season I don't think it will be that great, but may take my throttle control to a new level"

You have more balls than me, I think Ill swap down to the 0.50 cam to start, then if I want more Ill put in the faster one.
I dont have a 050 cam. Gary said they come with the 025 and has thrown in a stock one for if i'm not happy. Its double or nothing!