Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 AM

Angry Please dear god help-Crank

So i have posted in this forum a few times when i was tying to get an 03 ec 200 running. I finally had to rebuild the top end to get it running. After one ride it was still off a little so with a time crunch issue i took it to my gas gas technician in the area.

Long story short, i need a new crank to have the bottom end rebuilt and i cant find one for under 800 dollars. Are there any other avenues for getting a crank cheaper, or crossing it with another manufacture like Honda. Or do anyone have leads on a used motor i can buy?

Thanks

Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

The entire crank is bad? That sounds suspicious. There are many shops who will rebuild a crank with a new rod for less than $100, and the new rod kit will set you back around $100 or less. Please describe how the crank needs to be replaced, I would think it could be rebuilt for much less than replacing.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
The entire crank is bad? That sounds suspicious. There are many shops who will rebuild a crank with a new rod for less than $100, and the new rod kit will set you back around $100 or less. Please describe how the crank needs to be replaced, I would think it could be rebuilt for much less than replacing.
He said the crank is worn out and the bearings won't seat on it properly. It would still be loose when reassembled.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Here's one on e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-GASGAS-...4bdf89&vxp=mtr
Old 03-22-2013, 01:04 PM

This is not uncommon on an older GG. I've had and fixed two like this. GG had problems maintaining good press fit tolerances at one time. What happens is that the fit is just slightly lose, the crank then spins in the race and gets worse. You need to have the crank split, then the journals are plasma sprayed and remachined.