Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default I may be purchasing my first GasGas-tips?

I have decided to sell my Beta Dual Sport and get a 2010 300.

I like my Beta but I rode with a guy who has a 2010 300 that only has two rides on it and he is going to sell it at a good price.........so here I am.

Any 'must do' tweaks/mods/parts for the 2010 300?

Any 'usual' issues with the GasGas's?

Anybody know where I can find a pic of the GG with the OEM Turn Signals?

My wife had a 200 EC a while ago and she currently has a TXT so I am kinda familiar with the product.

I mostly ride 1st/2nd gear some times very rocky single track (the beta was just a bit big for that type of riding).

Any and all input is appreciated.

J

Old 12-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Administrator

There are no real major issues - they refine a good design every year to make it better...

I would take a look at the new gasgas hard parts catalog - just to get your blood flowing - see this post to download it :

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...14&postcount=5

But, this is what I would do if it were mine....

If it is a 2010, then I assume it has the sachs fork and shock - I would sent to LT-Racing for a revalve... (and yes, he is my best friend, and I am very biased...) www.lt-racing.com

Jetting - get rid of the n1ef needle and go with something else - some use cck to ddk needle available from gofasters or sudco. Others here are trying out n3xx needle from ktm. Be sure to go fatter on pilot and go out more than usual on the air screw (some think 1.5 turns is optimal, but I think better to go more) - like 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 turns and a 42 to 45 pilot. This allows you to crank out the idle a little more to separate the bottom and mid circuits in the carb. To make this carb work really well - send to RB-Designs for his mods. www.rb-designs.com

Chain Guide - throw it away and get something more substantial - tm designworks and BRP both look well done.

Send the cylinder head to RB-Designs to dial in the squish band and compression for your altitude - the bikes have typically come a little "loose" in this area (a tad too much squish) and there is alot to be gained in both efficiency and power by dialing it in. And given Ron's low cost for this mod - there is a very good return on the investment.

If the bikes still come with those flat rim locks - throw them away and pick up some motion pro rim locks.

I like more throttle control in tight woods and would go with a G2 throttle tube with slowest cam.

Add guards - I like the hyde skid plate myself, but haven't used some of the newer ones available - the AXP one in the hards parts catalog looks interesting - also a composite but one option has linkage protection, etc.

And I like radiator braces versus guards to maintain airflow through the radiators - but we get alot of mud here - so I want louvers in front to block mud and minimal obstruction etc.

Everybody has different needs and wants (differing riders, terrain, conditions, etc.) - so their list will vary...

Main thing is to ride and have fun - which you will have no trouble doing on your new bike.

jeff
Old 12-15-2010, 11:42 PM

The best tip I can give you is to pick up a GasGas. We have the 2010 EC300 and we changed the needle clip position from the top to the second. We changed the rear tire. Moved the bars to the front holes and that's it. The rest is simple just enjoy the ride; sweeeeet bikes. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:15 AM

Welcome to the site. Jeff hit the common stuff but keep in mind these bikes are very ridable and raceable out of the crate. You don't HAVE to spend a fortune on accessories to ride the bike, but if your a rock rider like me good protection is $$ well spent. I've had big 4-stroke fever and came back to GGs, your making a good move.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Ya really Jeff.... now what can anyone else say... after giving away all the good stuff.

Just kidding.

The sachs suck send them to Les money well spent. Then spend the rest on some good guards.

Then ride...you'll love the 300 for sure.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 12-16-2010, 09:35 AM

i have one and only tip for you: BUY IT! you will love your gasgas.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
i have one and only tip for you: BUY IT! you will love your gasgas.
I agree. Awesome bike.

www.battlecreekpowersports.com
423-942-9056
Jasper, TN
Old 12-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Hey, can you talk to Les and get me the best buddy that you don't know deal? He has my bits and is supposed to start on them next week. I am thinking that I am going to get him to hold them until after Christmas, don't want UPS doing their usual: Bang, drop, crush, fold, bend, spindle and mutilate on them.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Speedo

Do the EC's come with a speedo/odo?
Old 12-17-2010, 06:46 AM

No. But they are pre wired.