Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:10 AM

It is to be expected, and accepted, that given my chosen name, people here will argue with what I have to say, even when attempting a compliment. The only fact I have to support my claim of lack of popularity is the sales numbers seen in the last three years. However, as I have previously stated, the '14 looks greatly improved and I especially hope Clay does well with Sherco!

Old 01-31-2014, 09:59 AM
Site Sponsor

I don't think your name has anything to do with the responses that you got. I think if my name was Gas Gas Ross I would of gotten the same response to the same comment. I have never had a bad comment about the Gas Gas's. We now have about 15 of them here in the local Black Hills area and everyone loves them. They are just a good tough built bike that works well for our conditions here. I am excited about the 14's and can hopefully put out a few more of them in our area.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:22 AM

I do hear some negative Gasgas comments locally. Mostly either due to weight or the poor electric start. And the comments about the e-start mostly come from current GasGas owners and the weight comments mostly seem to come from KTM owners.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:54 AM

I really dont understand the whole weight thing. Maybe because I weigh more than 100lbs I had a 09 300XC that was very dialed in and I hated it!!!! So I went back to a 4T and loved it because of the weight and planted feel. That is one reason the GasGas is so appealing to me. I have been riding forever and the weight goes away once the bike is moving. The weight also plants the front wheel and gives confidence at speed. When you crash. there is not much difference in picking up a GasGas, Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki or anything else. If there is, that person should find another hobby. As far as E-Start issues, KTM has had the issue since day one on their 2T`s. KTM guys are no different than Honda guys etc. Everyone bashes everyone`s bikes. There was a time not very long ago, that KTM was slammed by everyone. KTM has done a great job over the years bringing the brand to the top. The have a model for everyone and that was brilliant and also very expensive. Gas Gas is a great bike, but it has factory issues. Its not that Clay isnt doing his job, it is that the factory is laxed. And if you have ever spent time in Europe you would understand why. But everyone should watch out for Sherco, because it looks like they are not messing around. My Two Cents
2009 450EXC Sold to Rapid Dog EURO Factory Anti-Hop slipper clutch, GPR V4, Akropovic Full Ti Exhaust, 2013 suspension and wheels.
2009 300XC
2005 525 MXC
2000 WR 400
1996 XR 600
1987 CR500
1990 KX500

Last edited by iamovru; 01-31-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamovru View Post
I really dont understand the whole weight thing. Maybe because I weigh more than 100lbs I had a 09 300XC that was very dialed in and I hated it!!!! So I went back to a 4T and loved it because of the weight and planted feel. That is one reason the GasGas is so appealing to me. I have been riding forever and the weight goes away once the bike is moving. The weight also plants the front wheel and gives confidence at speed. When you crash. there is not much difference in picking up a GasGas, Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki or anything else. If there is, that person should find another hobby. As far as E-Start issues, KTM has had the issue since day one on their 2T`s. KTM guys are no different than Honda guys etc. Everyone bashes everyone`s bikes. There was a time not very long ago, that KTM was slammed by everyone. KTM has done a great job over the years bringing the brand to the top. The have a model for everyone and that was brilliant and also very expensive. Gas Gas is a great bike, but it has factory issues. Its not that Clay isnt doing his job, it is that the factory is laxed. And he you have ever spent time in Europe you would understand why. But everyone should watch out for Sherco, because it looks like they are not messing around. My Two Cents
That was like waaay more then 2cents worth! You need to throw a dollar in the pot? :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
That was like waaay more then 2cents worth! You need to throw a dollar in the pot? :-)

Lol!

Lol! On a plane now from Vegas! Wi shut up for a while
2009 450EXC Sold to Rapid Dog EURO Factory Anti-Hop slipper clutch, GPR V4, Akropovic Full Ti Exhaust, 2013 suspension and wheels.
2009 300XC
2005 525 MXC
2000 WR 400
1996 XR 600
1987 CR500
1990 KX500
Old 01-31-2014, 02:09 PM

I like his 2 cents!!! All very true! And yes Sherco is not messing around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
I like his 2 cents!!! All very true! And yes Sherco is not messing around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is true, I'm just joking around. I also cant wrap my head around all the weight issues? The Shercos are very slick looking, but it's just over the edge in the price range.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:14 PM

Sherco has always been serious about enduro. The first one I rode was a 2006 (or so) 4.5i, I was so impressed that I almost bought it then and there. The bike just had the "right" feel, kind of like TM's do (for me). Bonus was that the bikes are well built too.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
I do hear some negative Gasgas comments locally. Mostly either due to weight or the poor electric start. And the comments about the e-start mostly come from current GasGas owners and the weight comments mostly seem to come from KTM owners.
Of course we all hear negative comments about all brands that's normal but looking down on a brand implies to me that said brand stinks and personally I don't think any euro or jap brand stinks. I do like that people come on here to voice changes they would like the factory to make and I like it even more when people come on the forum to get help with specific problems they encounter with their bike.