Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2009, 09:00 PM

Default oil drain bolt in case

When tightening up the oil drain bolt, the head broke off. I must have cracked it previously, as I didn't torque it very much at all when the head snapped.

First I try to use an allen to see if there was enough of the allen hole left to get the rest of the bolt out. No luck. The I try an easy out, but the what was left of the hole wouldn't work. Now it gets ugly. I try to drill out what is left of the bolt so that my easy out will work, and the drill bit threads the rest of the bolt into the case.

Anyone have a trick I can use to retrieve this bolt without splitting the cases?

Thanks,

Josh