Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Really? Have you ridden the new Sachs CC fork? Has anyone you know ridden it? Just not that good - really?

BTW, the new WP OC on the 16s is quite good ...

I have ridden the new Sachs and was not happy. To be fair the bike was way under sprung for me though. I have also ridden a 16 300xc-w (OC right?) and it was still a harsh WP fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-14-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
I have ridden the new Sachs and was not happy. To be fair the bike was way under sprung for me though. I have also ridden a 16 300xc-w (OC right?) and it was still a harsh WP fork.

You might be the only guy in the country to have ridden the new Sachs CC fork. The first load of Beta Racing Edition bikes with the CC forks are due in about a month from now.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 11-14-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
You might be the only guy in the country to have ridden the new Sachs CC fork. The first load of Beta Racing Edition bikes with the CC forks are due in about a month from now.

What Sachs forks did I ride? Was a 2015 300rr. Are these open chamber forks?

Old 11-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
What Sachs forks did I ride? Was a 2015 300rr. Are these open chamber forks?

Technically...if the CC fork hasn't even reached our shores yet....then you DID ride the newest fork "available".
Old 11-14-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Technically...if the CC fork hasn't even reached our shores yet....then you DID ride the newest fork "available".

Lol. Guess I was misinformed. I was under the impression that the 2015 had CC forks. I rode a 300rr and a 300rr Racers Edition back to back. I liked the Marzochi forks on the racers edition much better.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Lol. Guess I was misinformed. I was under the impression that the 2015 had CC forks. I rode a 300rr and a 300rr Racers Edition back to back. I liked the Marzochi forks on the racers edition much better.

The new Sachs CC forks will replace the Marz 48mm PFP. The base model rr's have been using Sachs OC.

Sachs build quality has been OK in the past, and apparently has improved a far way from the 07-11 gear that has come on some Gassers. A newly developed CC model should be great as long as they don't try to reinvent the wheel (which it appears they haven't). 7mm ID shims are becoming more available too, which is good. Biggest beef I had/have with Sachs has been the lack of technical information and parts replacement. If you couldn't find a crossover you were pretty much screwed.

Which leads onto technical documentation and agree with previous comments. Biggest pitfall as a new owner was the lack of any technical/workshop manual. Coming from Yamaha I was accustomed to full schematic with torque figures for everything. Welcome to Gas Gas and the best you can find is an 05 Workshop manual with some torque figures that have clearly been lost in translation. I too often cross reference with both Yamaha/Ktm manuals as well as my own notes... But this puts the onus back on the owner to research and record when it really should be something that's freely available (at least to dealers). I mean, what do they follow at the factory during assembly?
Old 11-14-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
The new Sachs CC forks will replace the Marz 48mm PFP. The base model rr's have been using Sachs OC.

It's a shame to see the Marz 48's go. I got to ride a 14 demo bike with House of Horsepower progressive springs in it and they were great! Even better than the 48's on my 2011 with progressive springs. I guess they did some valving changes because the ones on the 14 were worlds better. The Reiger Shock worked quite well too!

Old 11-14-2015, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Images poached off someone else's photobucket. Pretty much a typical CC fork. Should be able to be tuned as good as any other (47mm Showa/48mm KYB), and should have build quality that leaves the Marzocchis for dead.

[/
Old 11-14-2015, 06:31 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
It's a shame to see the Marz 48's go. I got to ride a 14 demo bike with House of Horsepower progressive springs in it and they were great! Even better than the 48's on my 2011 with progressive springs. I guess they did some valving changes because the ones on the 14 were worlds better. The Reiger Shock worked quite well too!

I have yet to have someone test ride my bike and not come back with a big smile on their face. First thing out of their mouth is, "Wow...who done the suspension work and how much did it cost?"

My "secret" setup???...Progressive springs up front from HoHP, sag set correctly front and rear, man size spring rate for the shock, and the clickers simply set at what Richard Wilson recommends for the area. Best I've ever had. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had Richard revalve and do his other magic tricks
Old 11-14-2015, 06:48 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Almost - the base RRs with an updated Sachs OC have been here since August.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters