Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 05-30-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Anyone with a perfectly dialed Lectron is welcome to come by our facilities any time and we would be happy to do a back to back comparison for free. And then we can go ride the mountains of Colorado and Wyoming for the real proof.
Providing you can actually get some carbs built

Sorry low blow, Ill go back to patiently waiting on my step for an APT box to show up

2011 Husaberg FE390 - OLD STEED
2010 Yamaha WR250F - OLD STEED
#53B

I dream of a better tomorrow, where Chickens can cross the road, and not be questioned about their intentions.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:46 AM

Taken care of.

Last edited by arminhammer; 05-30-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erniebearskin View Post
Providing you can actually get some carbs built

Sorry low blow, Ill go back to patiently waiting on my step for an APT box to show up
Ha!! Building and selling carbs every day. Just not cast ones yet......
Old 06-02-2013, 09:31 PM

Default billet install tips

SmartCarb arriving, any tips on installation. also going to check reeds while i have exposed, never taken a reed block apart, anything to look for, its an 09 300. Thanks
Old 06-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHOSPUD View Post
SmartCarb arriving, any tips on installation. also going to check reeds while i have exposed, never taken a reed block apart, anything to look for, its an 09 300. Thanks
I received mine today. I have just had the whole thing apart. Floats seemed pretty close. I removed the 4 x bottom allen heads and the gasket. Checked the floats visually, then held the bowl on while filling the carb from the tank. After 20-30secs I figured it was full, took it back to the work bench and then removed the body. There was around 18mm from the top of the bowl to the fuel line. I tweaked this slightly and repeated until the level was a mm lower. I now have 19-20mm until fuel level which is about half the bowl.

I then started measuring up the slide. I have no idea what the difference between the rod in the lectron and the rod in the apt are. I haven't measured or miked them, but I had previously had the lectron set at 50.25mm from the bottom of the slide to the end of the rod. With the extra fine tuning of the APT I have dialled it in to be 50.15mm as my starting point.

I'm going to go and drop my airboot in some warm water for a bit and then install the lot back in place. Its been rubbing my shock spring and always appeared like it could have been a better fit so I'm doing that now too.

Also have to change the throttle cable back over to the motion pro T3, as I much prefer its captive ends from a functional and safety point of view.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:20 PM

measurements for the rod length on the smart carb are done from top of slide to bottom of rod.Usually they mark the preferred setting on the slide in ".
Old 06-03-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I received mine today. I have just had the whole thing apart. Floats seemed pretty close. I removed the 4 x bottom allen heads and the gasket. Checked the floats visually, then held the bowl on while filling the carb from the tank. After 20-30secs I figured it was full, took it back to the work bench and then removed the body. There was around 18mm from the top of the bowl to the fuel line. I tweaked this slightly and repeated until the level was a mm lower. I now have 19-20mm until fuel level which is about half the bowl.

I then started measuring up the slide. I have no idea what the difference between the rod in the lectron and the rod in the apt are. I haven't measured or miked them, but I had previously had the lectron set at 50.25mm from the bottom of the slide to the end of the rod. With the extra fine tuning of the APT I have dialled it in to be 50.15mm as my starting point.

I'm going to go and drop my airboot in some warm water for a bit and then install the lot back in place. Its been rubbing my shock spring and always appeared like it could have been a better fit so I'm doing that now too.

Also have to change the throttle cable back over to the motion pro T3, as I much prefer its captive ends from a functional and safety point of view.
So the floats have to be set, are those directions with the carb. Why are the floats not set correctly when its shipped.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

The floats are set but my carb travelled across the world. Why not double check them before installing?? I tell you what. I hope I never have to take that carb out. What a job it is trying to fit it in.. Shes toit!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
The floats are set but my carb travelled across the world. Why not double check them before installing?? I tell you what. I hope I never have to take that carb out. What a job it is trying to fit it in.. Shes toit!
Pics or it didn't happen

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 06-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

I'll post em over in my own thread..