Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2019, 08:56 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I don't think anyone here is arguing the point that heat can change the structure of metals. . . . .
Um, yeah I am. Well, beyond normal thermal expansion, which at the temperature involved is, well normal and happens every time you run the bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
. . . . What I care about is a proper warm up, an adequate cooling system with no leaks, no air leaks etc. From there once I've confirmed the engine is sound after any work my focus moves into generating enough load to sufficiently bed the rings in.
And that must be the most sensible thing anyone has said on this entire thread.

I must have run in 100 racing engines and came to the conclusion that it was easiest on the dyno if the fan could push enough air to keep the normal water temperature. Done with some respect to the ring to bore relationship would result in the same power and engine longevity.

In the old days of air cooling, miserable pistons, 1/2 arsed machining, and hard to mix or crap oil, people would over heat their engines by running them at standstill forever or ragging them before the final piston clearances had been scraped off the interface making them viable as a performance engine.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)