Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Banned

Aflica,
How do you the the power delivery compares on your 11 to your 10?
Clay

Old 09-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Congrats Steve - look forward to seeing it. Let's see some pics!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:46 PM

what's with the tiny little thumbnail? Lets see some real pics.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM

oh , i am impressed alright
got to remember im coming off a Nambo to a Nambo
the changes they made to the rear suspension seems to be working well for me
im not sure what it is , but even with the starter setup on the new one , the bike feels a lot more nimble , yet still has that planted feel , till i roll on the throttle that is
more later as i get more time on the suspension

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve
Old 10-28-2011, 08:54 PM

Well , after a month of Riding the new Nambo , all i can say is HOLY CRAP , this bike is way better than last years
The power is scary , i have had a 06 300 (very fast bike) a 09 300 (typical impossible to jet 09 300) a 10 Nambo (the smoothest and quickest response) and now the 11 Nambo , and i can say without a doubt that the power this engine can and does make has on more than one occasion scared the crap outa me
it is totally controllable , but if you hit a bump and land a little on the throttle , hang on , it just wakes up and pulls like no tomorrow
the torque this engine makes is something im still getting used to , and i thought i knew what a 300 could do , nope , i feel like im riding one for the first time all over again
and it transfers that power to the ground in a very impressive way , this bike hooks up very well with the new shock angle and linkage
The Zokes up front are better for my liking than the stock TTX from last year , i find the front of the bike is way more flickable with the improved traction and the front feels very light but incredibly stable at speed
I have not got my scotts damper on it yet (under mount bracket being made this coming week for the new top clamp and hole spacing) and yet it still feels very good at speed
have not noticed any deflecting or any thing scary at all
AND after all this i finally got the E-Start finished a couple of days ago , and i rode a night ride last night with it and im still giggling and grinning about it. Who knew having a E-Start 2-Stroke was such a good idea and so much fun , especially since i was with a bunch of Pumpkin's with E-Start's , sure turned their heads quick when i hit the button , they didnt know what to think, lol , had to be there , it was damm near worth the price of the kit when they found out that Gasser's could do that too
Thanks to Reverup for the heads up on the Shoria Battery , works great and weighs nothing , and now i can power my HID lights off of the Bike if needed , Bike Battery = More Night Riding Time !!
No more 2 - 2.5 hour limitations to the Trail Tech Battery , now it will be only me that has the limitations
To sum it all up , i would do it all again in a heart beat
and if you have been wondering if the Nambos are worth the extra money ??

YES THEY ARE , period

just make sure you have a good supply of clean shorts , the thing can stretch your arms out really fast

and BTW , everything with the exception of my scotts damper fit right on it from the 10 Nambo and the 09 300 , and the only reason the scotts is a prob , is because im under mounting it this time and the new top clamp is a little different , but that is being solved this week by Straitline Components , in Sidney , BC , and now a shameless link to the site
Thank DJ for the help with this

http://www.straitlinecomponents.com/

Steve
Old 10-28-2011, 09:10 PM

Great ride report update and thanks for taking the time to do so. Sounds like I would only need a 200 Nambo! Congrats again.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:19 PM

Hey Clay

sorry it took so long to reply , but ive been a busy boy riding the new toy
I find the power to be way more torquey and yet it will still rev up extremely quick
i am running the JD red needle in the #2 position with a 180 main and a 42 pilot with the A.S. at 2.5 turns and a 10% mix of VP 111 octane race fuel mixed with 91 octane pump gas
I am on Vancouver Island and ride from about 200' to about maybe 2500 or so feet on a regular basis with no changes to the jetting
i love the power , just love it compared to last year, and i loved that too
but its more than just the power , its how it gets to the ground that impress's me so much more than last year
i dont race per se , just against my buds really and the odd one here and there
you race , what do you think compared to last year ??

Steve

Last edited by aflica; 10-30-2011 at 08:38 AM.