Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhuskys View Post
With all due respect... Meo kicked his butt, with a 302cc 4 stroke Husky.
It's true that in today's Enduro tracks the 4ST have the advantage but Cervantes has put up a good fight. He missed 2nd place overall to Guerrero because he DNF the 2nd day at Greece...but Guerrero also DNF 2nd day at Spain... With a 4ST engine next year he will be a serious contendant to the title.

Nambotim had 2 DNFs, one in Turkey with a broken shock (same happened last year, GG should know better...) and another one in France. But Ahola does not makes mistakes.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:11 PM

Yip SA is a great place to ride , we have very little restrictions. Iam sure you have heard of "The Roof of Africa". The sport is quite well supported and we ride all year round because the weather allows us to. GasGas is definitely growing and with the new 2012 styling it will be giving the big orange competition a go for their money.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:29 PM

I still think Nambotim is talented and GasGas are loosing a great rider. I hope Cervantes gets a machine to match the 450 4strokes. He does ride the wheels of the 250 but it doesnt seem to match the 450. I do believe that he can win the world title on a GasGas! Cervantes did mention, on the FIM Enduro show, during an interview, that GasGas is working on a new bike for him, now that might be a bike worth waiting for and I wonder what it could be???? Hmmmmm
Old 10-25-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
Have they not considered getting lampkin to race all the extreme enduros like Graham Jarvis has on the husa this year. I think the DVD sales are prob biggest from those types of events and douggie has shown what he is capable of at erzberg

http://www.enduroextreme.com/enduro/...e+Lagares+2011
Old 10-25-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
I still think Nambotim is talented and GasGas are loosing a great rider. I hope Cervantes gets a machine to match the 450 4strokes. He does ride the wheels of the 250 but it doesnt seem to match the 450. I do believe that he can win the world title on a GasGas! Cervantes did mention, on the FIM Enduro show, during an interview, that GasGas is working on a new bike for him, now that might be a bike worth waiting for and I wonder what it could be???? Hmmmmm
Again.... With all due respect... Meo kicked his butt, with a 302cc 4 stroke Husky, not a 450.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:33 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by robszombie View Post
You see what i mean, kicked some good riders butts!! Get him to do all the big ones erzberg, hells gate, sea to sky, romaniacs, roof of africa. I really think this is where him and GG would shine
Old 10-26-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhuskys View Post
Again.... With all due respect... Meo kicked his butt, with a 302cc 4 stroke Husky, not a 450.
Meo's 310 should have more or less the same horsepower of KTM's 350 witch has less 5/8 HP than a 450. It's not really the power that matters it's how progressive the engine is that reflects on better traction. I saw Cervantes at the FIM Enduro at Portugal, the Cross test was without a doubt made for thumpers.
Long straight lines from turn to turn and 3/4 jumps...
I really think GG could do better with a thumper engine, Cervantes and Nambotim proved they have speed and a competitive chassis.

I think Nambotim is leaving GG because he knows he can only win a tittle with a 4ST engine that GG does not have...yet. Also, I would be pretty pissed to fail my objectives due to mechanical issues that were clearly identified and not fixed. 2 broken shocks, countless chain guide issues (one even cost him a Junior World title to Joakim Lundgreen ) and limited R&D resources.
Part of this has changed since last year but the fruits will only be good to harvest in 2/3 years in a consistent way.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Long fast straights between corners? Sounds like the kind of thing the 2T still does well. Point and shoot. Jumping ship to ride a 4T to win a title is ghey! Don't kid yourself..

Its all big business. People ride the bike that the company tells them (and pays them) to ride. You go with the company who offers the best package (money, benefits, and bikes). KTM has a nice big budget and by using it to keep the fast blokes riding and winning on orange ensures the average punter recognises the brand as the bikes of champions. Its all just good business.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Long fast straights between corners? Sounds like the kind of thing the 2T still does well. Point and shoot. Jumping ship to ride a 4T to win a title is ghey! Don't kid yourself..

Its all big business. People ride the bike that the company tells them (and pays them) to ride. You go with the company who offers the best package (money, benefits, and bikes). KTM has a nice big budget and by using it to keep the fast blokes riding and winning on orange ensures the average punter recognises the brand as the bikes of champions. Its all just good business.
Thats what I'm thinking . Win on sunday Sell on Monday.

http://philipstewart.zenfolio.com
Old 10-26-2011, 09:45 AM

Someone posted here before that many of Nambo's DNFs were from his personal sponsors and not Gas Gas factory team parts. Not sure if it is true in every case? He was allowed to seek his own personal sponsors ie. chain guide sponsor and suspension supplier. Those two along with the chain he ran on his bike I believe were singled out and not used on the other team members bikes.

As far as Cervantes on 250 2t I think he just couldn't come to grips with the 250 power delivery and tractability. He was a big 250 4t guy when ktm built the dual cam 250 4t mx motor. Then I think he rode a 300 2t. I don't think he was really found of a 250 2t but Nambo was on the 300 so he had few options.

2011 Beta 400 RR (sorry )
2010 GAS GAS XC 300
2007 KTM 200 XC