Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv rider View Post
Are the problems typical of most newer Gasser's? clutch cover, pipe welds,gas cap? I have yet to ride mine,
Dont forget to give the air box a look over.....

STREET_ GTR 1400 (The Connie)
93 KDX 200 (Katie)

Old 03-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onespeed View Post
Dont forget to give the air box a look over.....
Thanks for the info. Forgot to mention mine is a new leftover 11' 250 race, which I would imagine might have different airbox because of subframe.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 AM

Yes a lot different. The '12 has some slots by the spars that allow splash/wash water in from the sides, easy fix. After the slide filter disaster on the prototypes, I think they were gun shy and were a little too conservative on the airflow issue. With a new '12 you even get Twin Air pre-filter inserts that you can add to the sides of the air box after cutting more holes. Totally unneccessary, there is more than enough airflow without those and the slots closed up.

'11 Race is a nice bike, good luck. You have more exhaust options too.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Yes a lot different. The '12 has some slots by the spars that allow splash/wash water in from the sides, easy fix. After the slide filter disaster on the prototypes, I think they were gun shy and were a little too conservative on the airflow issue. With a new '12 you even get Twin Air pre-filter inserts that you can add to the sides of the air box after cutting more holes. Totally unneccessary, there is more than enough airflow without those and the slots closed up.

'11 Race is a nice bike, good luck. You have more exhaust options too.
Any chance you gave your bike a bath so I can see your Job?
93 KDX 200 (Katie)
Old 03-12-2013, 11:42 PM

Oh by the way quick update..... Discovered thanks to my electrician friend at work that the LEDs in the stock light were burnt out. Found them online for .21 a pop. Superflux 3mm LED. http://lighthouseleds.com/led-compon...-3mm-leds.html Also discovered the Asian site www.Aliexpress.com and found this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-M...599499440.html GasGas I laugh at your 70.00 price tag!
93 KDX 200 (Katie)
Old 03-13-2013, 08:16 AM

I just replaced my tail light with one of these http://http://www.grote.com/product.php?product_number=49252

The stock unit just fills with water and burns out. I even tried sealing it all up with ultra black last time and it still gets water inside. The one above fits great but it requires 16mm spacers behind it on count of the pig tail. This does put the face of the lens about where the stock unit was though. The groute unit has brake light function, so it keeps me mountian legal.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 AM

Onespeed,

No, its been freezing here until last Sat, then I was been busy with family/kid stuff but I'll try and snap a pic tonight anyway. Really not much too it though.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 AM

Onespeed,

Didn't forget about you, just been freezing until yesterday afternoon and finally got a chance to wash the bike. Its hard to get a full pic because I would have to stuff my phone in the airbox and shoot from the hip, but this gives you an idea. Its basically some polyethelene about 1mm thick, custom cut and shaped to cover the openings, long enough to be attached to the airbox by pop rivits on each end. Its sealed with black RTV. This shows one side.

Second pic is overall view of under seat after a race and wash. race was not real muddy but under fender was coated good and I am not shy with the hose and brush cleaning things. As you can see, MUCH cleaner with no muddy water running through the gaps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg airbox1.jpg (120.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg airbox2.jpg (120.7 KB, 51 views)